A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Oh the Woes Waiting for a Western!

Last Sunday when we met Nath and Ames at Borders Lori mentioned she was in the mood for a good western. Isn't everyone? Fortunately she was able to pick up Maureen McKade's latest A REASON TO SIN. Since we are all fans (Lori, Rosie, Wendy) of westerns we further lamented having to wait until July for Sarah McCarty's next western. Fortunately, she has three books coming out the second half of the year in June, July, and October. Can I get an Amen? Now that, my friends, is something to look forward to.

Last night trolling around the blogosphere I came across Lisabea's post giving us the heads up that Sarah has a new excerpt posted of SAM'S CREED, a part of her Hell's Eight series.

Damn is it ever good. It's full of action and you really get a good feel for the book too. Sarah, if you're listening. I can't wait! It makes me want to go re-read all your westerns.



For the curious and interested Sarah's upcoming releases (according to her website) are:

June 2008 Running Wild (paranormal were wolves)

July 2008 Sam's Creed (Hell's Eight #2) Yay! Western!

Oct 2008 Promise Series #4 The Rev's book. It seems like we've been waiting forever for this one.

Go check her Coming Soon page for other upcoming releases. It's so great to see she will be having releases every few months over the next couple of years. I really look forward to each book.


Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger KT Grant said...

I want Sam now!! Waaaaa.

4:58 AM PDT  
Blogger lisabea said...

That is the most exciting and delicious looking cover. Yay for Sarah.

5:50 AM PDT  
Blogger Misty G said...

Yummm!!!

4:35 PM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

It seems like we've been waiting forever for Promises #4 because we have been!!!! Can't wait to read Rev's story.

8:45 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Me too! Want Sam that is. I loved Sarah's excerpt didn't you? 3 1/2 months and Running Wild will be out the month before. I can wait. Can't I?

1:52 PM PDT  
Blogger Sarah McCarty said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:47 AM PDT  
Blogger Sarah McCarty said...

Hey Rosie,

How are you? So glad you enjoyed the excerpt. Thanks for such a great heads up!! I think you'll enjoy Sam's Creed. Much more upbeat and Bella is a woman who keeps Sam on his toes.

I think/hope you'll enjoy Running Wild also. I'll be posting more excerpts later today.


As for Promises Reveal, it seems like forever that I've been waiting to write this book! The Rev is so much more than he appears.

P.S. We need an edit feature. Or I need to stop posting before coffee. *G*

3:49 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sarah, the amazing thing to me about the Promise series is that not only is it a series of books whose stories have really stuck with me, but those books are among a very, very few that I've re-read in the past 5 years.

I don't re-read much any more because there always seems to be so many great new books to read. But when I'm in the mood for a great western, and I want a sure thing, I pick up one of the Promise books.

Anyway, I can't wait. Running Wild, Sam's Creed, the Rev's book, I want 'em all! Bwhahahah!

*ahem* BTW, whoever or whatever made you choose that particular excerpt for Sam's Creed was very saavy. Lots of action and tension. I had the whole thing pictured in my head. I'd say 'can't wait', but I think I may have gushed that a time or two already. :)

9:13 AM PDT  
Blogger Sarah McCarty said...

Hi Rosie,

I was thrilled to read you liked the excerpt. I picked it but then fretted it might have been a mistake because I worried it didn't show the vibrant dynamic between Sam and Isabella.

9:36 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sarah, I think it has everything in there. You feel Sam's protectiveness and more than proprietary instinct when it comes to Bella. She's not going anywhere. I think the fans of your westerns will love it.

9:41 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home