A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

SoCal Sunshine

I had the most fabulous afternoon. Those intrepid travelers from the north Nath and Ames found their way to southern California today. They met us at my favorite Borders store and happened to walk in the store just as I was, can you guess, buying a stash of books, of course.

Lori and Wendy were already there and we sort of converged in the Romance section and started in talking right away. In conversation over lunch I mentioned how wonderful and easy it is to "meet" someone and not feel any initial shyness or reserve you usually do with new acquaintances. We all agreed that our blog reading made us all feel like we already knew one another.

We left the store and trekked over to, where else, the Cheesecake Factory. We had a wonderful lunch and there was never a lull in the conversation. Nath and Ames gave us the scoop on Holly and MM's wedding which was fun to hear about. I'm sure that you'll hear more about it from the people who attended.

It was just a great afternoon. I'm so happy we got a chance to meet. I'm posting a picture of all of us. GG happened along as we were finishing up and took pictures on everyone's camera or phone. Here we all are after lunch under sunny SoCal skies. It was 80 degrees today. Can you believe it? Gorgeous afternoon really. Look at all those smiling faces. I thought I was smiling. Ummm...not so much apparently. Of course I also thought I had sunglasses on. Yeah, uh, I don't know how to explain that one. And no, I didn't have wine with my lunch. Maybe the sun baked my brain or something.


L to R: Ames, Rosie, Wendy, Lori
In front: Nath



Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I had such a good time. It was so great to meet Nath and Ames, and to hear about Holly and MM's wedding!

9:43 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Woohoo!! The further adventures of the Romance bloggers ;)

You all look fantastic and I don't see bags under Nath or Ames' eyes so it mustn't have been too late a night for them.

CindyS

10:11 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Our wonderful personalities fried your brain, not the sun!! LOL

It was so fab meeting everyone! And the cheesecake was awesome. hehe

p.s. Nath and I did not coordinate the purple t-shirts. :P

11:36 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! You had quite the fun weekend!

11:40 PM PDT  
Blogger Anne said...

so glad you all had a good time! Yay! I wish I lived closer! How fun that would be. You all look great!!!

5:19 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lori, amazing wasn't it?

Cindy, further adventures is exactly the way to describe it. Someone should document the phenomenon.

Ames, it's more like your wonderful personalities dazzled my brain. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Becky, my brain almost can't process everything from this weekend. It was a real standout for sure.

Anne, maybe someday someone will get ambitious and organize a blogger conference where we could all meet. Wouldn't that be fun?

7:00 AM PDT  
Blogger lisabea said...

You are inspiring me to do an east coast blog meeting. When it gets warmer.

Glad you guys has such a great time.

8:38 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

I'm just so happy I had the chance to meet all of you! and thanks to Lori and Wendy to have come at a last minute notice! I hope we'll be able to do it again :D

9:14 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

Such fun!!!

So is that Borders in Irvine? Is that the Cheesecake Factory by South Coast Plaza?? Because I think I'll be in Irvine in December. I'm just sayin...

9:39 AM PDT  
Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

Awwww...what a lovely bunch! I'm jealous!! :)

12:38 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

while y'all were out gallivanting around in 80 fricking degrees weather I was snowed in under 20 inches of snow. But I'm not bitter. Really.

3:45 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

lisabea, just do it! It's so much fun. BTW, have you made any plans for RWA in SF yet?

Nath, some day, some way we have to meet again. It was so much fun and way too short a visit.

Jen, nope it's in Rancho Cucamonga, but South Coast Plaza is doable, at least for me. Keep us posted as to dates and your availability in December. I know Becky would love to go too and she lives very near me.

Jodi, it's a blast. I highly recommend it.

Mollie, actually snow came up in the conversation because Nath was worried about getting home because they have two storms back to back coming in. I've been reading about the snow in the midwest online. Here's hoping it's on the ground a short time and you start getting some warmer weather.

5:47 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Aren't they the sweetest? Cindy and I were lucky enough to meet them last year.
And egads! you and I look a lot alike - but then you will be able to see for yourself in the not too distant future - heh heh

4:14 PM PDT  
Blogger lisabea said...

Weeeelll about RWA. Katie tells me the Marriot is full. The biggest loser is officially me cuz I've now put it off one time too many. G and I are arriving early to do our anniversary..then he'll do business (read:pay for room and flight) and I'll play. That's as far as we've gotten. Any suggestions?

6:22 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kristie, those two women are the sweetest ever. The visit was too short and I have to say I feel a bit melancholy not knowing when I might see them again. I'm so grateful for the opportunity we had and can only hope another will come about. Can't wait to meet and talk and talk some more at RWA. The end of July isn't that far off.

And as far as looking like you, woo hoo! Wendy says everyone likes you so, you know, I'll have to take advantage of that!

Lb, I don't think it's that big a deal if you are in a different hotel. I'm just expecting it to be more convenient that we are staying there. You can always still register for the conference (if you want to) and then come and hang out with us or the other myriad of people you will probably know. Personally, I can't wait.

7:33 PM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Makes me wish I was closer :-)

8:53 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home