A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, March 28, 2008

SpRiNg FeVeR!!

For all of you who still have snow, I send my sincerest sympathy. We've been having lovely weather. Well I'll amend that to say lovely weather when the darn wind isn't blowing. Easter Sunday was one of those picture perfect days weather wise. Anyway, I frequently say Fall is my favorite season. It is in many ways. But every year at the beginning of Spring I get a fever for heat. Yeah, H-E-A-T.

Feel free to remind me of this post when we are having 110 degree weather this summer and I'm begging for a respite. In the meantime I got a fever. Spring fever. Besides wanting to ditch work, do you know what else Spring Fever brings? To quote David Addison from the TV series "Moonlighting", "Do bees bee? Do bears bear?"

Or, as Michael Buble sings, 'what a lovely way to burn...'



Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

LOVE Springtime. Not quite ready for the heat yet, myself. I actually opened the windows in the car today while stuck trying to get across town. It was a beautiful thing. Cool breeze, but my skin was warm from the sun. Ahhh, perfect.

12:09 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Ugh, you're so mean Rosie!! We're supposed to have snow on the ground till May!!! and it's been very windy here too :(

4:23 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

LOVED MOONLIGHTING!! LOL

I love the beginning of Spring, too. Even in Arkansas and that's tornado season.

I think we're starting to see it here and I'm glad. Our winter was lame - less than 6" of snow so I'm ready to just scratch it and move on to spring and getting outside and just enjoying the weather!

8:47 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Becky, the wind is just ruining everything! I'm hoping to get flowers planted this weekend wind or no wind.

Nath, I lived through two winters in Cleveland, Ohio. It was enough to convince me I really need to live in a warmer climate. Although, I know people say it all the time but I think living some place with four seasons you have a better internal clock and sense of the cycle of life.

I know, that's a bit philosophical, but I'm just sayin'...

Jen we were talking about MOONLIGHTING today at work when a bunch of us went walking at lunch time. David Addison and Maddie Hayes. Weren't they cute. There were some very well written scenes between those two. Funny, clever, witty. Can you tell it was a favorite of mine too? :)

7:29 PM PDT  
Blogger Sam said...

We had a wet, rainy winter with no snow at all - the first time I've seen that here. Just sluchy rain and hail. Ugh.
So I am looking forward to spring. It's sunny today, but more rain forcast for tomorrow. The barometer is bouncing up and down!

2:13 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

I love Spring! I just wish it would quit snowing so I could get out and start enjoying it. I'm ready to go hiking, or walk the trails at the park, or take baby to the zoo.

8:14 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sam, hopefully all the rain will mean a green, green, green spring and summer. Lots of flowers, yeah?

Dev, still cold? I'm so grateful for the changing season, I don't know what I'd do with snow and cold moving into April. It's gotta break soon doesn't it?

12:07 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home