A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Charmed, I'm Sure



Being Italian, Catholic and raised by very conservative parents, I'm not one to make public displays of tantrums or fuss. My extended family trades in quips and sarcasm. My mother was the Queen of Passive Aggressive world. Me? Well, as you know, I love the occasional whine and wimper.

Today? Well, today I'm in a full blown crabby melt down and considering making an exception and having myself a tantrum.

Sometime during REM sleep my voice left the building. Yes, that's correct. Fever? Gone. Fever blister? Gone. Plugged ears? Gone. Sore throat? Worse. Cough? Worse than ever...ever...ever....

Yes, that's right my throat is actually worse. One of my brother's who was at the BBQ yesterday called this morning. When I croaked a "hello" his reply was, "Rosie? Geez! What did you do to your voice since I left last night?"

Wish. I. Knew.

Reporting to you from "I'm in a POUT Central",

Crabby, whining, feel sorry for poor GG, the blogger formerly known as Rosie.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Hmmmm, are you an allergy sufferer? The sore throat/losing voice thing could be allergies - especially since you probably spent some time outside with all the lovely pollen with the BBQ yesterday.

Feel better!

1:54 PM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

My family is always happy when I lose my voice.

Ingrates.

Hope yours comes home soon!

2:47 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, yes I do have allergies, but I've never had anything like this before. Not when we had all the smoke and ash with the fires.

Jen, if you see my voice would you do me a favor before you send it back? Raise it a half octave, give it pitch and remind it not to take any shortcuts on the way home.

4:57 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Good thing for the computer at text messaging, huh? So you can still communicate with everyone?

I can just see it now...texting your sons to take out the trash, lol.

9:25 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Woopsie, *and* not at. That's what I get for not double checking before publishing.

9:27 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Hope you feel better. It's really bad that your voice went away :( Did you overuse it? and I'm sure GG wouldn't mind if you threw a tantrum... esp. if he can't hear it, LOL :)

how was Schmoo b-day?

4:59 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Becky, Beanie was gone most of the day working on the matinee show of Guys and Dolls and Shmoo was in and out with GF 1 going to the movies and Starbucks. Not much texting going on. Although the men in my life ARE amused by my dilemma.

Nath, lose my voice from over use? Huh? What? :-) Unfortunately (or fortunately) that wasn't the case this time. It's just whatever this dang virus is. It's still pretty dang sore and hoarse this morning, but I think I'm gonna try to go to work.

6:39 AM PDT  
Blogger lisabea said...

Rosie, I'm so sorry you are sick. I haven't been around (bad! blog friend) but am sending cyber soup. That should help, right?

PS. You know I love that pic.

6:26 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

I've never had strep throat but do you think that could be it? I've lost my voice a few times but it's never been with a sore throat - completely weird I know.

And Rosie, you don't need to throw a tantrum. The good Lord gave you a middle finger for a reason ;)

CindyS

12:03 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Sorry you're still feeling sick. Hope you get better soon!!

9:48 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

lisabea, it depends on if the cybersoup has some bourbon in it? hehheh. I'm not much of a boozer, but if any occasion called for it this damn cold was one of 'em.

Cindy, I've had strep lots of times and this was similar except no white spots. But by yesterday afternoon my sore throat was just unbearable. I trotted myself back to the doctor and begged for antibiotics. Since they were administered so easily I probably could have gotten them last week when I went in. Sometimes I'm just dumb. I'm already feeling waaaay better than I was.

Ames, you're such a sweetie. Thanks. I'm staying home and taking it easy today. Sleeping, drinking tea and reading when I don't fall asleep.

10:22 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home