A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Inspiration

Got some? Inspriation? Got any spare in the basement, attic or closet? Would you please send it my way since I have to write my TBR Day post and a post for Reader's Gab this week? The well is empty I tell you...EMPTY!

Do you find it hard to believe I have nothing to talk write about?

Believe it.

Oh, before I forget. For those inquiring minds who wanted to know about Shmoo's date, he has dated two new girls. Do you begin to understand why his dating is much on my mind these days?

One, we'll call her Girlfriend-C has been around for awhile. He's known her forever, which when you are almost 18 means since 5th grade. Shmoo insists they are "just friends", but I gotta tell ya...he's on the phone with her and meeting her for strawberry tea at Starbucks every time I turn around.

Then there's "the new girl" that he went out with the last two Saturday nights. He's met her parents and we are supposed to meet her this weekend. We'll call her Girlfriend-J. He seems to really like her and be interested.

The irony or brain stumper? Even with all the calling and texting with these two girls the boy is still taking the old GF #1 to prom. He's taking her to his and she's taking him to hers. Apparently back when they were an item they promised each other. What. Ever.

I think the boy is nuts but far be it from his Mother to give any advice. He just rolls his eyes. Of course, he says he and GF #1 are now "just really good friends". Guess who's eye rolling now. Oi!

This Wednesday, April 16th, Shmoo is going to be 18. I can hardly believe it.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

Sorry, I can't help you for inspiration. My mind is now blissfully blank.

As for Schmoo... a real Casanova, LOL :) Poor you, no wonder you don't have inspiration :P You're too busy being worried :P

6:25 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nathie! You've got it. I blame my fried brain on Shmoo! Which, actually isn't really so far fetched.

6:28 PM PDT  
Blogger Sam said...

18! They grow up too fast!
Wow.
As for inspiration - how about young love, and how different it is nowadays than when we were young (waiting for the phone calls, no IM, no e-mail, no chat...) How did we ever get to know anyone?
LOL

3:25 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sam, I remember times when the boys were small that I would have given just about anything to be able to sleep through the night. For awhile there, which was a few months, I thought it would never be over and I'd never survive. Looking back though it's flown by. It really does seem only a blink ago I was bringing them home for the first time.

6:31 AM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

I wish I could give you some inspiration, but I got nothing. I've been trying to come up with something clever and witty for BB, too. Sucks being uninspired, doesn't it?

Shmoo is so cute! I love that he's such a ladies man. Of course, it's easy for me to say that since I'm not his mother. :P

Although, if it makes you feel any better, I had a boy best friend when I was in HS. All the way through HS, actually. His name was Jones (that's what we called him, anyway) and he was just like a girl best friend. We went shopping together and had sleepovers and spent 95% of our time together, and it was totally platonic. He had a gf and I had a bf, we were just friends. So maybe it's like that with Shmoo, too?

10:13 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

May I suggest mind altering drugs for inspiration?? You know, like caffeine.

Someday Schmoo will see the insanity of going to prom with an ex when he's got a current. Maybe?? Sometimes I just plain old don't get them!

Happy birthday to him tomorrow!! Taylor will be 16 on the 30th. April's a good month.

11:29 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Holly, yeah, I actually had a couple of close guy friends in high school. One of them we'd be on the phone all hours of the night. My parents didn't much like that. So I get it, but Shmoo's interest seems more than a friend. But who knows for sure with all the girls in his life right now?

Jen, I don't get going to prom with the ex. Well, I get that they both might be doing it because there are lingering feelings which Shmoo is almost too quick to deny.
*eye roll*

April is indeed a great month. I have two other nephews (one on the 30th!) and a niece with birthdays in April.

7:08 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home