A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, April 18, 2008

T G I F and What's Shmoo Got to do with it?

I've never been so happy to see a week end. Got lots to do today to get ready for Shmoo's 18th birthday BBQ and party. It's tomorrow and I've got close to nothing done. In case I've never mentioned it before (you wish) being sick sucks. Praise be we are only having around 3o-35 people not the almost 200 Lori over at Let's Gab is having for her son's Bar Mitzvah. Ho-lee! After reading about Lori's guest list I felt pretty good about my informal little shindig.

Apparently getting a new iPod and iHome from his parents and a set of boxing gloves from his brother (scary that) weren't all Shmoo decided he wanted for his birthday. His birthday was Wednesday this week. To celebrate on the day, he asked me to go with him to the Apple store. We did not leave empty handed. Shmoo bought himself, with his own hard earned dollars from working at McDonalds, a black Macbook.

It's a whole new world people. Shmoo on his own laptop roaming free out in cyberspace. As the immortal Betty Davis said, "Fasten your seat belts...it's gonna be a bumpy ride."

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

It's definitively going to be a great party :D and 30-35ppl is not a small potato event, but it's easier if it's a bbq :D

LOL, well at least, he bought the Macbook himself :P but wow, he probably really wanted it :P and you guys are spoiling him... iPod and iHome?!? lucky boy :P

have a nice week-end! I'm sure tomorrow is going to be great!

8:13 AM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

Wow, spoiled boy! Good on him for saving his money, though. That's excellent. :)

I'm sorry you've been sick. I hope the BBQ goes wonderfully!

10:39 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

I'm sure the BBQ will be a smashing success. :P

4:39 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, our children are very spoiled. I hope in a good way. This is his last big birthday and he knows that. Everything from here on out is practical stuff for life. I think. I'm counting on you to remember and remind me because you always remember all my big proclamations. ;P

Holly, I really should have mentioned it's his HS grad present too. It is. We aren't going to buy him anything else. He'll get his scrapbook and that's it. But, yes, both my boys are spoiled.

Ames, thanks. I'm still dealing with my ears being plugged which is maddening and making me grumpy...just ask GG! Hopefully I don't murder anyone between now and the party.

6:09 PM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

I bet you all are partying hardy right now!! Hope he had a wonderful celebration!

2:50 PM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

How was the party, Rosie?? I bet everything was fabulous!

8:49 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jenster, we did have lots of fun. My family always laughs so much, usually at each other, when we get together. I think Shmoo had a great day and that, of course, makes me happy.

Dev, good party. BTW, book is "in the mail". They assured me you'd have it by Tuesday. :-)

11:33 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home