So I should be posting my March reading list. I will. But, I'm going to do it tomorrow. Why you ask? Because those fab babes over at Book Binge are highlighting the incomparable Linda Howard and put up some poll questions. I decided to answer their poll right here at home so I can think a little bit about them and blather on if I get a yen to.
1. What is your favorite book by Linda Howard? This one is very, very hard. I know it's dated but I remember how much SARAH'S CHILD knocked me for a loop way back when I first read it. So that's a fave for impact. But my favorite to re-read is either MACKENZIE'S MOUNTAIN or SHADES OF TWILIGHT. Those two stick with me the most, but on any other day I might say or add 3 or 4 others.
2. Who is your favorite hero by Linda Howard? Webb Tallant (SHADES OF TWILIGHT)
3. Who is your favorite heroine by Linda Howard? Mary Potter (MACKENZIE'S MOUNTAIN)
4. What secondary character's story do you want Linda Howard to write? I've always wanted a full length story about that psychic lady who lived in a swamp that got together with the Sheriff of a small town (can't remember names right now) that she wrote about in an anthology.
5. What's your least favorite book by Linda Howard? AGAINST THE RULES
6. Who's your least favorite Linda Howard hero? Rhy Baines in AN INDEPENDENT WIFE
7. Which heroine by Linda Howard did you want to throttle? Sallie Baines in an old SSE AN INDEPENDENT WIFE
8. Did you like the incest in Shades of Twilight? Wha'?!! No, were we supposed to?
9. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the sexiest, how would you rate Ben Lewis? (Hey, I had to do it) A 7.5. While he appreciates Jillian's intelligence. He's a high octane and high maintenance guy and for that reason I can't give him a higher grade.
10. If you could get Linda Howard to write YOUR story, how would you want your hero to be written? I love men and women who have a purpose. So I would like a story where these two intelligent, reasonable people both have a goal but they are at cross purposes. How would they or could they compromise when they are driven and goal oriented. Neither one of them would understand how to back down. Having them both come from struggle and a difficult background would be interesting too. No easy roads.