A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, May 09, 2008

STOP THE WORLD I WANT TO GET OFF

Ever since I heard these words lo so many years ago I've been saving them for just the right moment. Ta-dah! It's here.

Blogging has some how fallen to the bottom of the "to do" list this past week or so. I just haven't had the time to sit down and really catch up with things. This is just a quick drive by to let you all know it's another busy weekend here at Madhouse Central.

Beanie has his two year anniversary with his girlfriend and is fixing her dinner here on Saturday. I'm supposed to not interfere (don't worry!!) and believe he'll shop, cook and clean up all on his own. Oh-kay...I'm not holding my breath on that one. I will, however, give him the benefit of the doubt. GG and I plan to leave the premises.

Shmoo will be gone too as Saturday night is PROM night. After all the girlfriend trials and tribulations the last two months he is going to the dance stag. He's changed his mind about going at least three times in the last 24 hours. I told him last night. This is it...YOU ARE GOING. I couldn't take the vacillating any more. I admit I may be deluding myself, but I think he was relieved to have the decision made and taken out of his hands. Besides, now he can blame me if it sucks...which he feels it most certainly might. Oy! The burdens we carry for our kids.

GG is running in a half marathon on Saturday which I will attend and cheer for him adoringly. He will most certainly feel obligated to give me a full body hug when he's finished and streaming with sweat. Fabulous isn't it? It's how he shows love. I know, I know...you only wish your man would do the same.

Gotta go. I've got more to do in the next 24 than there is time... If only I didn't have to sleep.

BTW, for the curious, STOP THE WORLD, I WANT TO GET OFF is a well known British musical with lots of great ballads like this one. Words and music by Leslie Briccuse and Anthony Newley. If you feel nostalgic go forth and YouTube.


Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ~ames~ said...

Sounds like a momentous weekend for the whole family! I'm sure it will all turn out great. :P

Shmoo will probably have fun.

8:46 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Hi Rosie :D

doesn't seem like the week-end is going to be more relaxing than the week :) All that is important is that you are well :)

LOL, maybe you can wrap a towel around GG before the hug or something :D

Beanie is so cute LOL :) and I hope Schmoo will have fun :D He certainly will :P

12:51 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Busy, busy, BUSY! (Do I dare ask how the scrapbook is coming along? ;) )

12:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ames, it was a very busy weekend. I'm tired, but it's a good kind of tired.

Nath, there was no towel wrapping and he was soaking in sweat, but what's a little body fluid at this point? We hugged, we showered, a good time was had by all.

Becky, Scrapbook? Uh...not started yet. I swear next weekend I'm starting it. No reading, no excuses. Scrapbooking.

5:57 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home