A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Why I'm Happy Today...

Books. That's why I'm happy. Books.

Thanks to the ever excellent Ames and Nath I found out that a couple of books I mentioned in my previous post were out in the stores early. Blogger buddies rock that way. Thanks guys.

Anyway, big surprise that my local Barnes and Noble only had the Kresley Cole book, DARK NEEDS AT NIGHTS EDGE. Believe me when I tell you I knew that Anne Stuart's book should have been out on the shelves. As Nath pointed in the comments Ms. Stuart's books are released by MIRA Books and you can usually find them early.

But, ooooooh nooooooo... not at my book store. I was really irritated.
Really. Irritated. I'd gone to the AS website and read the truly excellent excerpt of FIRE AND ICE and I wanted that book. Now.

But then, dear friends, the wonderful fabulous lovely man I'm married to reminded me it was time to go to our favorite health food grocery store TRADER JOE'S. Why was I so happy and excited? TJ's is only a few miles from my favorite BORDERS store.

I knew Borders would have the AS book shelved because they are just the ab-so-lute best when it comes to getting books out as soon as possible. Talk about an adrenalin rush...whew! As you know, I had all that pent up book buying energy from three weeks of almost no purchases. You can do the math. Money in pocket. Books to buy. Yes, it all exploded came together today at Borders.

Here's what I got:

FIRE AND ICE by Anne Stuart

LAST WOLF WATCHING by Rhyannon Byrd (3rd in a 'meh series, but I have to finish the series don't I?)

A LADY'S SECRET by Jo Beverley

NIGHTCAP by Kathleen O'Reilly (3rd of series I've been enjoying. I could have gotten the ebook earlier, but I have the other two in print and wanted this one to match them because I'm probably going to keep the series.)

TO TASTE TEMPTATION by Elizabeth Hoyt (May 1st release date. Score!)

FALLEN by Erin McCarthy

PLAYING WITH FIRE by Katie MacAlister (off shoot of Aisling Grey series. This is about the Silver dragons)

BADDEST BAD BOYS anthology with Shannon McKenna, EC Sheedy and Cate Noble

THE COURTESAN'S SECRET by Claudia Dain

So I definitely made up for the rest of the month today. And I'm happy, very, very, happy we had to go grocery shopping.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

You really cleaned up! Wow! Look at you go! I only bought one book lately and that's Cynthia Eden's Hotter After Midnight. It looks so good and Sandy did a review on TGTBTU that had me convinced to buy it. So I did. I got a slew of books from the library lately (my library rocks!) including some Liz Carlyle--Yes, I know I always shy away from historicals, but Sybil shared an excerpt of the one being released in July with me and it rocked! So, now I have to read the first two in this series plus her backlist if I like these. heh!

I've read some Barbara Bretton who is new to me which is okay, a Barbara Freethy romantic suspense (Silent Run) which was good, Deborah Smith, and Pamela Clare. Good stuff!!!!

Happy reading, Rosie!

10:39 AM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Oooh, yay! Excellent haul!

going back into my hidey hole now.....

3:08 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought Fallen too. I'm hoping it's good. Happy reading!

4:51 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

That's a great haul. Lucky you :D

by the way, I just tried sending you an email, but it failed to deliver? is your email address okay or perhaps inbox is too full?

4:56 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Anne Cynthia Eden? Huh, I don't remember that one. But with it raining excerpts at Sybil's lately I could have missed it. I have Barbara Freethy's in my tbr. But I'm pretty happy with my haul. I've read the Anne Stuart already. It was soooo good.

Lori? you still can't come out to play? That's no fun. Have you had the Bar Mitzvah yet?

Scoop, I have my fingers crossed. I've really enjoyed some of McCarthy's contemps, so here's hoping...

Nath, just now? I got your comment okay in my email box. I just reloaded my email though, so try again. And, uh, no my email has been cleaned out so it's not that it's full.

5:03 PM PDT  
Blogger Anne said...

Oh yes, Cynthia Eden. http://goodbadandunread.com/2008/04/24/review-hotter-after-midnight-by-cynthia-eden/

It looks awesome!

6:33 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home