A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Things I should be doing, but I'm not...

1. Shmoo's scrapbook. Yeah, uh, not started yet. This weekend FOR SURE!

2. Make list of stuff "To Do" for Shmoo's graduation party

3. Purchase decorations for Shmoo's "Luau" graduation party DONE! DONE! DONE!

4. Finish Shiloh Walker's ARC of THROUGH THE VEIL and do review

5. Write column (due Thursday!) for Reader's Access

6. Get a clue of an idea for Reader's Access column

7. Reverse items 6. and 7.

8. Find a car for Shmoo before he drives us nuts

9. Find out date for Beanie's Jr. College graduation (I'm a bad mother because I don't already know this)

10. Make reservations and pay for Beanie's new student orientation at CalState school he's been accepted to. DONE! DONE! DONE!

11. Lose 4 lbs in the next 8 days to meet my 20 lb weight loss goal with my work's weight loss challenge. Yes, I know that losing 16 lbs is great, but my goal was 20 lbs in 12 weeks. I can eat oatmeal and water for the next week...really I can. *gulp*

12. Read and review a book from my TBR for next week (5/21) for Keishon's challenge. I really have to work on Shmoo's scrapbook this weekend and NOT read a book don't I?

13. Wash my car. Um, maybe the car wash for this one?

14. Get my flower garden planted out front. I'm only 6 weeks behind on this one. I'd really like some flowers out there before Shmoo's grad party. Hey maybe I take this off MY list and put it on Shmoo's grad party list which is, you know, still MY list.

This is just this week's list that I have to fit in between working, walking, swimming, grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning house, and preparing the occasional meal. In other words the life of a typical Mom.

Time to roll up the sleeves and get my hands dirty.



Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

It sounds like you have a LOT to do!!!
I washed my car yesterday, lol, so it felt good seeing that on your list. (well, I ran it through the car wash at the gas station!)
:-)

I love scrap-booking - and congrats for the son's graduation!!!

12:34 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

You've lost 16 pounds!!! OMG that's fabulous! I've lost 15 and have kept them off after stopping the point counting from WW. I have lots of weight to lose yet but I heard that taking off weight in smaller portions and then trying to keep it off (without losing more) for a while helps the body adjust to the weight loss.

Car wash for the car for sure!
Okay, I imagine you are extremely organized (I remember your bed ;)) but just in case, one night this week organize the pictures you want to use. Then another night figure out how you want to tell your story. Hopefully by Saturday you have a plan and the cutting, pasting and printing will be done so you don't pull a 72 hour marathon without sleep. Yes. I remember the last one you did!

I would love it if you could post some of your pages. I have scrap booking supplies but I'm not nearly artsy enough and love to see how others scrapbook.

Reader's Access - uh, let's see I've sworn off romantic suspense and I'm trying to find just everday contemporary romance. Are Rom Sus a trend we didn't notice while Paranormals glutted the market or are you loving the current state of contemporary romance.

What else? Uh, how much does a cover of the book influence what you buy? Oh! Are there physical characteristics for the hero or even heroine that you will try and block out?

Okay, that's as helpful as I can be right now ;)

CindyS

3:23 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Okay, let see if I can help you out, LOL :) Just invert no.5 and no.6 and you can cross out 7 :P that takes two seconds.

Car wash, you have two sons LOL :) make them do it... even if it's just to drive to the car wash.

Beanie's college graduation date... LOL, you can either ask Beanie or check the college website.

For the TBR challenge, I'm sure you can review a book that fits the conditions and that you've read earlier... What about the Pamela Clare, Ride the fire? or Marriage Bed? Just give us a more complete review :P

so, did I help?

6:20 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

ps - you said you were interested in trying out Karen Rose... Dear Author is giving away 20 copies of Scream For Me :P Go over and comment!

6:23 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sam, it's so good to see you out and about. Yes, I have lots to do. I made the list because sometimes I need a reality check to get me going into high gear.

Cindy, I've actually lost 28 since last year at this time. Trust me except for this recent surge with the weight loss challenge at work it's been slow. I've been eating better and, of course, swimming and walking.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to post some pages from the books here soon. I do have the pictures sorted chronologically, but as much as I pre-plan pages I usually end up re-doing the page 2-3 times before I paste. Gah!

Nath, son's washing my car? Very good thought. I have had them do it in the past. My only hitch is the car is black and sometimes they aren't careful with the drying and it's either water spotted (badly) or they have used a heavy rough towel and scratch the wax finish.

Yes, I know I sound bitchy. I even used to hate people who were so picky about their cars wax finish, but that was before I owned a black car. It shows everything!

I already had the same thought about the tbr challenge, but I have to go back and look at my list and see what I can use. I should have saved BEAU CRUSOE it would have been perfect. I'm so dumb sometimes.

Yeah, I saw the contest at DA. I commented, as I did for the Loretta Chase books, there are so many people entered. So, you aren't off the hook. What's something else of hers, already out, you'd recommend.

6:49 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Well at least, they could drive your car to the car wash. that could save you some time.

LOL, it just slipped your mind about the TBR challenge :P

as for rec, definitively Count to Ten. :D I'm sure you'll enjoy!

8:28 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

That's quite the extensive list there!

And good stuff on the 16 pounds. :P

7:07 AM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Whew! That's a pretty big list, but you're getting stuff done already, so that's Awesome!

And GO ROSIE! 16 pounds?! That's great!

Thanks a lot for mentioning the Pirate's Booty popcorn. I had to go and look for it in the store the other day and pick some up myself! ;) (Judah saved me from a lot of it, lol).

11:12 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home