A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

To Sum Up

We went to Solvang on Friday. That's where the half marathon was held. My baby sister also ran in the event. It's always fun and so inspiring to go to these athletic events, but I got a tear or two watching my lee-tul seees-ter running. She was just awesome. She had hoped to finish in 2 hours and 30 minutes but surprised herself by finishing in 2 hours and 12 minutes instead. Rock on baby sis! She looks and feels great.

GG had a good run also and finished in 2 hours and 2 minutes. That was a personal best for him. So that was a very good day.

Beanie stayed home with the girlfriend to cook dinner for their anniversary. I'd left him marinara sauce and romano and parmesan cheese, a bag of salad, and whole grain pasta. It was all stuff I had in the house anyway, so he was all set. Turns out they had mac n'cheese and salad. What. Ever. I don't get it, but they apparently were very happy with their movie night and meal.

Shmoo was a little pissy about Prom. It wasn't a total disaster, but two of his friends didn't show. They came to the buses (no one is allowed to drive to the venue) but weren't dressed or ready to go. Now he thinks they probably never got tickets. I'm miffed because Shmoo was staying with my brother and no one took his picture. Yes, you read that right. NO ONE TOOK MY BABY'S PROM PICTURE! Shmoo says he doesn't care, which is fine, but I care, darn it! His prom was one of the reasons I was not going to go to the running event with GG and my sister. I thought I had everything covered. I only asked about 4 different people to take his picture figuring at least one of them would have done it for me. Nope. Not even his knucklehead brother that I threatened at least six times.

Boys! The same stuff just isnt' important to them.

So, I'm hoping this week I can get organized for graduation. I'm sort of there. We have to get the announcements out this week and I need to start the list of all the stuff I have to get done around the house for the party. Life around here the next month is going to be very interesting.

I see I have 233 posts in my Google Reader. I had whittled it down to under a 100 before I left town. What in heck is going on out there?

Do I have to mention that very little reading has been going on this past week? Yeah, didn't think so.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Misty G said...

I found my prom pictures in a 110 camera not developed almost 7 years after I went to prom. It was quite the suprise. I didn't think 110 film lasted that long, but they actually turned out almost okay.

I grew up not too far away from Solvang. I miss the ice cream you could get there, and all the touristy shops. sigh. Sometimes I miss California. Mostly I miss the flower fields near my home town. I don't miss the fires.

7:15 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Misty, even though we had some fog and mist it was so green and beautiful. Lots of color and stuff blooming so I know exactly what you mean by fields of flowers.

7:48 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Thumbs up to your little sister and GG for running in such awesome times :d

LOL, Mac n'cheese, it can be nice :D as long as both of them were happy, that probably was te most important, right? :P

Poor you, but I bet you have lots of pics of Schmoo already. As for pictures and men, they just don't get it :(

8:29 AM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Your men should be shot! No prom pic! At least he went stag, and there was no cute pic of Shmoo and girl of the day to tease him with years later.

Good luck with the grad thing. That is a pain to coordinate, but such a pleasure to see carried out :) Congrats to Shmoo!

3:57 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, they are both pretty excited and happy. GG was back out running tonight. I was snacking. Don't ask. It wasn't pretty.

Lori, there's a small glimmer of hope. One of Shmoo's female friends asked him to be in a picture with her. I might get at least one photo yet. *fingers crossed*

7:56 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Boy isn't THAT the truth. Jeff went on a field trip with Jericho a couple of weeks back, and took pictures of the war re-enactment that was going on. Out of 25 pictures, there were maybe 2 of our kid, and NONE of the two of them together.

Go GG!

9:50 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home