A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Code Three



Gabrielle came back through town on her Route 66 trip. My Chief, true to his word, gave them the 50 cent tour of the Headquarters fire station. We also took Gabrielle and Tamara on an engine ride. Since it never gets old to ride on a fire truck, I tagged along.

After a relatively quiet day at our station there was a 9-1-1 call for our engine while we were out on the ride. We were already close to the call location so it was decided we would go directly there. You know what that means right? We got to go sirens and lights to the site. Yeah bay-bee! You read that right. Sirens. Lights.

On any other ordinary day this would never happen. It was just one of those right place, right time things. I tell you Gabrielle and Tamara have some sort of karmic Midas touch. They have the most extraordinary luck. Believe me when I tell you, this was very unusual indeed.

Can you dig it? A fire engine ride with sirens and lights? Very cool. Of course once we arrived we had to depart the scene. Apparently a ride on an engine did not qualify us to actually put out the fire. Can you believe that? Sheesh!

Our crew, particularly the Engineer was aces and so sweet. They answered questions and put up with our schtick. I guess I should buy them a pizza or something. What do you think is an appropriate thank you for the guys? I'm sort of scratching my head over that one.

Oh and in case you are wondering, it was a relatively minor incident and no one was harmed or anything. But dude...was that cool or what?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

Sounds like you girls had fun!! and so lucky!! :) and I think pizza is a way to thank guys... or something sweet. Anyhow, food LOL :)

5:32 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nathie, it was fun. It's also a little surreal. Did I dream that?

7:03 AM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

That is way freaking cool. I want a ride!

10:47 AM PDT  
Blogger WarriorM said...

Lucky Duck! I think food is always a great thank you!

In response to your other comment...I made a LIST: Cherry Adair, SEP(of course), Brockmann, Feehan, Liu and Singh. I didn't get to look at the list of authors too closely but if I had I'm sure my list would be longer. Also the conference/session with SEP and JAK looks awesome. I bet a buttload of people are going to that one.

I bought Brockmann's book. I've been busy getting ready for my trip so I've only read a couple of chapters. It's killing me not to be able to sit down and have my own private readfest!

10:33 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Holly, so? Come visit, I'll get you a ride...

Mary Mary, don't you hate when that happens? I've been so busy getting stuff done at work and for the trip that I haven't really had much time to read this week.

6:44 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Okay, I'm going to stop visiting all you people who are making me jealous, jealous, jealous!!

Yeah, I'm totally lying.

So much fun! And I think most men love pizza so definitely a nice thank you.

CindyS

6:04 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy one of these days we will land in the same place at the same time and mega fun will be had by all. As for the fire engine ride, well all you have to do is visit SoCal and I'll make sure you get one. I make no promises for anything else. :D

9:39 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home