A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, July 11, 2008

A good day. A very good day.

There are days that we know in advance are gonna be good because a particular event is taking place. We look forward to those days. We plan, anticipate and celebrate accordingly.

Then there are days that are just sublime and splendid because something really terrific happens that was completely unexpected.

One of my favorite places to visit is a blog called A Diary of an Adult Runaway. Gabrielle is charming, often hilarious and is an Aussie transplant in Paris. You never know what she's going to share from one day to the next. I love her eclectic topics and adore the pictures of her travels. I'm a fan and frequent visitor to her site.

This morning before I left for work I cleaned up my emails, checked my Access Romance post and left to start my day. I receive my emails to my phone and often just clear them out until I get back home because I don't have time to read them at work. However, this morning I had to make a call for my boss and needed to use my personal phone. When I picked up my phone to make the call there was new email. One of which was from Gabrielle.

I knew from her blog she was going to be visiting the States and wanted to drive Route 66. I'd let her know months ago that I was on the route and hoped she stop by.

Yep, you guessed it. The email was to let me know that Gabrielle and her friend Tamera were driving through town today. After I finished my call for work I rang the number from the email and we were able to meet at a nearby Starbucks in the early afternoon.

What a blast! What did we talk about? Just about everything. Books of course. Tamera and I have many of the same books on our keeper shelves. Loveswepts. Remember those? Yeah, we'd all read and had our favorites. Dub-yah even came up in the conversation. The visit was all too short and we came no where near exhausting our conversation.

It may sound corny, but I marvel and rejoice in the connections and friends I've made the past three years blogging. This was just such a great and unexpected surprise. What a day. What a very good day.

All I can say is Wow! Oh and Gabrielle, if you come back through my Chief will have a fit if you don't take him up on his offer of a station tour and engine ride. He was serious.


Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger ~ames~ said...

Oh wow that's awesome!! Glad you had a good day. :P


I really enjoy the connections I've made through blogging as well.

8:29 AM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

How awesome, Rosie! I think it's fabulous you were able to meet, and on such short notice, too.

I'm w/ you on the connections made through blogging. Isn't it amazing?

Speaking of..we really need to plan that get together for margaritas!

10:16 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a very good day for me, too! Thanks for meeting us on such short notice and I'll see you on the way back because I KNOW he was serious and we're serious about taking him up on the offer :-)

11:16 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Awesome! That was unexpected!!! LOL, it's funny :) Now, Rosie, you're a state-mark for bloggers when they go through your state LOL :) We just must stop to meet you :D

5:18 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ames, someday maybe you'll come back and we'll get to visit for longer than lunch. We didn't come near to exhausting our conversation either did we?

Holly, dude! My weekends are so busy until after RWA, but then...oh yeah!


Gabrielle, can't wait!

Nath, very funny. Although, I'd love to have that job. Wouldn't that be fun to do every day meet people from all over the world? Fab-ya-lus Dah-link!

10:41 AM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

So are mine, Rosie, so shoot me an email when you get back and we'll make a date then. ;0)

10:42 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

No we didn't. But I'll be back. LOL

8:38 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home