A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

You don't call...you don't write...

Is this going to be one of those chicken and egg things? I'm talking about Twitter. Will I never feel the same way about my comfy and familiar blog now that the new kid's in town?

When you don't have a lot of time just typing a quick 'tweet' for Twitter is a quick fix. Kind of like fast food. It tastes good and feels good when you do it, but it's just not as satisfying as a good, well balanced home cooked meal. *dun dun dun* Or is it?

I'm already wondering if I'll neglect my blog because the temptation for the quick fix for updates and contact with my pals out in Romancelandia is so easy with Twitter. Time will tell.

In the meantime, if you don't Twitter just remember you can catch up with what I'm doing on my sidebar. I'm not promising a thrill a minute. I'm just a regular homogenized sort of gal who secretly wishes for thick lucious magenta/purple hair just trying to get along in this world like everyone else. *dun dun dun* Or am I?

Oh, exclusively here on the blog I have to announce I innocently walked into Barnes and Noble after the movie (DARK KNIGHT which was WOWZERS btw) and found INTO THE FIRE by Suzanne Brockmann. I have to say it was a total lovely unexpected surprise. I had to buy it. I had to I tell you.

I'm off to catch up with you all again. Good Lord it's just 10 days to RWA. My heart rate just increased again. I still can't believe I'm going.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

I'm adjusting to Twitter - not really sure I get all the updates so I feel like I'm missing conversations. :( Don't leave blogland!!

CindyS

3:30 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

I'm undecided about Twitter, so haven't joined yet. I know. I'm a rebel.

I can't wait to hear about your adventures at RWA. Someday, maybe I'll get to go.

7:31 AM PDT  
Blogger lisabea said...

rosie...i'm outta the loop. What the freak is twitter???


waaaaaa...

OK one WEEK from now (give or take a day) You can explain it to me IN PERSON.

wooooooot.

7:48 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy sometimes it seems like you miss something because you missed a comment in between from someone who might not be in your twitter group. No bigs. I either click to "follow" them or I move on.

Oh and I can't imagine leaving blogland, my real worry is getting to lazy to post.

Dev, I mostly joined so I can Twitter stuff for my blog quickly from my phone while at RWA. Believe people when they tell you it can be a time suck.

Lb, think of Twitter as mini-blogs that you instant message (IM) to your blog. You have people who sort of subscribe to your 'tweets' like we visit blogs only the 'tweets' go to people who have signed up to 'follow' you. No problem-o about doing the whole in person thing in SF. I'm MAKING Kristie Twitter with me.

Can't believe we are talking only a week now. *gulp* I'm nervous, excited, nervous, giddy, nervous...

1:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home