A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, February 20, 2009

On my mind...



I'm back on the subject of bed making, again. Apparently I have some compulsion to talk about bed making at least once a year. Almost two years ago was my first rant sulk about making my bed and then just the other day I blamed my out-of-the-blue thoughts on editing on my leaving my bed unmade. Today's totally random question is, if you don't make your bed, do you leave out your sleep attire...whatever it is? Do you put it away, hang it, hamper? What??? Do non-bed makers also leave out their jammies?


~*~*~*~


He's Just Not That in to You. We went to see this movie last weekend. Fantastic cast. Really. However, this movie was supposed to be funny and clever. Me? I was depressed afterward. If this is what dating and relationships are like now, well, blech! I sure am glad I'm not out there trying to date, hook up or whatever.

Things I did like: the Justin Long and Ginnifer Goodwin story line. They were both very good. I give an honorable mention to the Ben Affleck and Jennifer Aniston story line as well. Has anyone else seen this?


~*~*~*~


Equality Now. I'm still getting their newsletters but have been sadly lacking in posting updates or news. Things are horrid in Pakistan right now. It's actually terrifying to me how many places in the world women are mistreated as a normal every day consequence. It gives one pause when traveling. Some of the places I'm most curious about, like the Middle East, are the absolute worst places for women. Even though I don't post all the time I hope you will still give them a read and a thought now and again.



~*~*~*~

The Road Warriors and the Wounded Warrior Project. My sister finally got the donation page up for running group at her blog. If you want to donate to a great cause and inspire my sister and her friends to run go here and donate to the cause.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

Jammas land where they drop. Yep, I pick 'em up and put them back on again the next day. I have many pairs of jammas so there are days you will walk to my side of the bed and just see a jumble of clothing.

I figured I should just be honest about it. I broke Bob about 5 years ago and now he's the exact same way only all over the bedrooms upstairs. His work clothes are in my book room so his work clothes end up laying on the bed - his socks, undies and T-shirts are in another room so clean stuff is always hanging about and then our bedroom where he drops everything on his side of the bed.

At least I keep my mess contained to an area people can't see from the doorway.

And I saw He's Just Not That Into You and no, I would not want to be dating in the least right now but I did really enjoy the movie. I'm with you on the couplings. I wish there had been more about Ben's character.

CindyS

2:28 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, about jammies... well I have a pile of clothes on my chairs... the clothes I've worn days before... so the jammies join them.

I do my bed when I have guests... but otherwise...

I haven't seen He's Just Not That Into You... but ugh, you now understand my pain - not that I've dated a lot.

7:14 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, jammas land? Never been there, but sounds way more fun than folding for jammas drawer or dropping in clothes hamper.

You too, Nathie, I don't got no stinkin' chair to drop 'em on. I don't think I could cope with a pile of clothes. Give me a sec to ponder.... ummmmm... yeah no the mouse on the wheel in my brain says 'no way'. *sigh*

7:28 AM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

I don't own "proper" jammies. I'm a old T-shirt and draw-string jammie pants kind of girl. I wouldn't know what to do with cutesy matching jammies.

As for what I do with them in the morning? Um, I toss them on my unmade bed. I've pretty much horrified you haven't I? LOL Although you'd be proud of me, I did make the bed today but only because maintenance is coming to the Bat Cave today to replace some drywall.

I love Ginnifer Goodwin on HBO's Big Love - but can't really muster up much enthusiasm for the movie. Oh and a double amen on not being in the dating scene these days. It was bad enough 11+ years ago....

8:24 AM PST  
Blogger Tracy said...

I make my bed maybe once every two weeks. I have a maid every other week so 1 week she changes the sheets and makes the bed and the other week I do it. Other than that...it just doesn't get made.

Jammas get thrown on the end of my unmade bed. Will you still be my friend?

12:24 PM PST  
Blogger WarriorM said...

So I'm totally happy that I'm not the only one who either tosses jammies on unmade bed or next to it. I'm a self professed slob and wish I had the discipline to make my bed every day, but I don't.

I saw the movie on Valentine's day with my guy...what a downer that was. Here I was hoping to see a romantic comedy, and what I got was something akin to all my dating/relationship nightmares rolled into one! My guy wanted to see Push and I should've listened, yet again my movie choice was a dud!

Thank you for supporting the Road Warriors!

1:11 PM PST  
Blogger Renee said...

Unfolded jammies go on end of unmade bed. Most of my "real" ones are gifts, usually from my mom. Otherwise it's big shirts/sweats/camis.

My bed gets made only if we've got company coming --or my husband (who is much neater than I am) gets fed up and makes it. He would make it every day, but he wakes up (and is usually out of the house) much earlier than I do/am.

5:20 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, I don't own 'proper' jammies much either, but I do put mine away. Ack!

Tracy, I had a maid every other week too. It lasted for about two months until we found out about GG's pay decrease. I felt guilty and axed it.

Mary, how come I'm not normal? What happened to my end of the birth order?

Renee, do you and your husband argue about it or it's just not that big of a deal. Mine actually doesn't care much, we are just so in the habit of making the bed and putting jammies away.

7:56 AM PST  
Blogger Renee said...

He's such a great guy. He takes it in stride. I think it's partly why we're still happily married after 16 years. :-)

7:07 PM PST  
Blogger Marg said...

You know I have heard about people who make their beds everyday. I may even know people who do it. The fact is that I sleep underneath one layer (quilt) so I should be able to make it, but I don't! And as for pyjamas, they could end up on the floor, on the bed, on top of the laundry basket - just about anywhere really!

5:02 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Marg, I'm beginning to feel like an aberration. Hey, I haven't made my rounds this weekend. How was your convention?

11:29 PM PST  
Blogger Marg said...

Rosie, it was totally, totally awesome! I haven't been able to post much yet, but it will happen!

12:39 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home