A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Running, Warriors, My Baby Sister

What do these three things have in common? Well in an effort to get in shape my youngest sister started running last year. You may recall she did a half marathon with a bunch of her girlfriends and my main squeeze GG.

They all had such a great time that most of them are doing it again this year. Some of the group are new and others returning. Only this year as an incentive they are going to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project.

They have also set up a blog so they can let their friends, family and sponsors know what the group is up to. It's called Road Warriors. WarriorM is the leetle seesteer. Hopefully they will soon have their Wounded Warrior PayPal account set up so if you were so inclined you could stop by and sponsor them. It's a win-win. You get to contribute to a worthy cause knowing you were also inspiring people to get fit by running.

Here's Lil Miss Speedy otherwise known as WarriorM. She's gonna kill me when she sees I posted this.




Speedy WarriorM and GG at the half marathon last year.





WarriorM and the every amazing CSR, her military man. She cleans up pretty good, don't ya think?




So that's my pitch. I hope you'll stop by their blog and the Wounded Warrior sites and check it all out.


Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenster said...

What a great cause! And yes, your sister is beautiful!!

4:05 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks Jen,. Of course I'm a wee bit biased, but I think she's a cutie.

6:12 AM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

Your sister and her man look great in that photo...and I'm with Jenster, that is a GREAT cause.

GG still looks exactly the same as I remember. ;)

3:58 PM PST  
Blogger nath said...

Cool, such a great cause!!

and your sis looks so pretty... once she cleans up LOL :)

6:21 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Becky, it is a wonderful cause and I hope they can raise some money for it. All of their group is either military serving or wives of military serving. They have a good time training together and then celebrating finishing the race.

Nath, yeah I'm waiting for her to come by and see that I've posted those pictures. That first one (orange shirt) she had taken as a joke. Hahahah! Maybe it will entertain someone and they will go donate.

8:42 PM PST  
Blogger Tracy said...

That's wonderful Rosie. In that last photo your sister really looks like you! :)

10:58 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Tracy, really *happy smile* you think we look alike? She's so tiny (5'2") and cute I only see that we have the same hair color and eyes. She's such a gem. I'm hoping the next time we have a get-together she can come too.

9:19 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home