A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

And so it goes...

Whirlwind weekend with the Stairsteps is over. Fun was had by all. Well Aunt Ro-Ro had fun and I think the Stairsteps did too. Lots of junk food was consumed I can tell you that. Yes, I did also manage to get a couple of fruit and vegetable servings in but bribery is a very fine edge to walk.

We didn't get any yard work done because the weather wasn't cooperative. Bummer that. We did get lots of exercise running around though and Emily was in heaven with three boys to play with.

Our weekend included a visit to the bookstore where they each scored a couple of books. It's hard to argue with a kid who wants to read. My sister, before having three boys in rapid succession, taught elementary school, so her boys love books. We got a couple of Boxcar kids chapter books, a book on the rain forest, a book on reptiles, and the first two books in a series called the Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer. Shmoo read the Vladimir Tod books and recommended them to our precocious 10-year old boy genius.



We had some moments of hilarity and high drama with the three of them in between stuffing ourselves with pizza, doughnuts, and ice cream. Fortunately GG and I restrained ourselves with the food, but not with the laughter.

I managed to get some reading time in and finished the reprint of TANGLED LIES by Anne Stuart. I have a lot of her older books, but they are of her single titles. TANGLED LIES was her first Harlequin Intrigue and was released in 1988 or 1989. It held up pretty well although at one point I found myself thinking 'why doesn't she use her cell phone?" Ooops. No cell phones. Anyway it was pretty good and a nice, easy, quick read. Of course the reading of this book called for a visit to her website which resulted in finding out that this little gem...




It's supposed to be a thriller involving a serial killer. Shades of Richard Tiernan in NIGHT FALL? May 1st release date and I'm really looking forward to this one.

In other news...

We have also finally subscribed to HD TV for the BATV. Alright, here it is... Life will never be the same. Holy guacamole! It's awesome, just awesome. Wonderful. You can still see the TV screen from Mars, but it's all kinds of WOW!, so you know, I'm almost glad we have it. Almost. Just gotta call the electrician back to hide some more wires. *sigh* It's always something.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Huh - a May release date on the Anne Stuart? I can't believe this is the first I'm hearing about it. CindyS is falling down on the job!

Yeah, HD is kind of like seeing TV for the first time all over again isn't it? After we got HD I was pretty much a drooling mess for the next two weeks. "TV....shiny...pretty...ooooh....ahhhh...."

10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

I knew there was a May release but I've been ignoring the date so I don't ruin my reading mojo! But the cover - OMG!! I'm in love and totally squeeing!!!

And me too on the HD front - I discovered we were subscribed to it about a month ago and just happened to DVR a show on it. I was floored. I think the show was LOST and I was just glued to the TV.

Glad you had fun with the Stairsteps!

CindyS

11:02 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wen, I checked on Amazon and it still says a May 1 release on the Stuart book and so does her website so I'm thinking at this point it's still on.

Cindy, I know! Isn't that cover divine?

11:11 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Sounds like you had fun, Rosie :D Man, I wish there were young kids in the family....

12:58 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Aw, Nathie, one thing my family always has is an abundance of children. There's so many of us someone in some generation of the family is procreating.

8:16 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home