A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

In case you were wondering...


why I haven't been out and about much this week. I'm pooped. I've moved into my new office at work and it's been more time consuming than I expected. All the heavy lifting and cleaning are done. My new file cabinet arrives later today and then all I have to do is learn a bunch of new stuff to make sure they don't think they made a mistake. Heh.

Consequently, I've been so tired the past couple of nights I haven't been catching up much with all of you. Maybe tonight. We'll see.


Such sad news about Natasha Richardson isn't it? Two sons without a Mom. Too young. Just sad. Then I think of children all over the world without their mothers and th e little mouse on the wheel in my brain needs a rest from all the spinning.


I'm reading a very good book right now by Cate Noble called DEAD RIGHT. It was a total impulse buy and so far it's paying off very nicely. Before that I finished TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE by Kristan Higgins. I enjoyed it also, but for more than that you will have to wait until my month-end reading list.


One more update on Beanie, he got called to work as an extra yesterday. He worked a full day on ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: THE SQUEAKQUEL He had fun, but observed that movie making is a lot of standing around and waiting. The only star he saw was David Cross. Mr. Cross was also in the sitcom ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT whose character Tobias aspired to be in the Blue Man Group. Mr. Cross is a very funny guy.

While looking for all those links I saw that there is talk of a movie based on the ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT TV series tagged GET ARRESTED. I'm a fan of the show so this is news. Looks like most everyone has signed on to do it. Wa-hoo!


Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

My BIL lived in L.A. for a short time, and was an extra on Thelma & Louis. Sadly, in a bar scene that ended up on the cutting room floor. Hopefully Beanie's 15 minutes will stay in the movie!

Head trauma is scary shit. I remember growing up and riding my bike, roller skating etc. without a helmet on. Now? I wouldn't even consider such a thing. Just horrible for the people she left behind - husband, kids, mother, sister.....

12:32 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Hi Rosie!!

I'm so happy for Beanie! Like Wendy, I hope his scenes don't get cut :) Still, it's fun work :)

As for Natasha Richardson, like I said on Zeek's blog... yes, it is very tragic :( Poor boys... She was actually skiing in Montreal :( Now, I bet they are going to use her case to re-launch a campaign for wearing helmets when skiing.

1:03 PM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

I had no idea about Natasha Richardson. How incredibly sad to hear a life is cut short.

I was an extra in a made for tv movie a million years ago with Judge Reinhold and Patricia Arquette. I couldn't tell you the name of it if you paid me! lol

3:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, my brother used to be an extra and even got to be the 'poisoned waiter' on a short-lived TV show that starred Connie Selleca and Sam Elliott in the 90s. I mention it because he said Selleca was a b*itch and Elliott a great guy. I guess Elliott mingled with the little people. Anyway much of what my bro did never made it on screen either, but he had fun and made a few bucks.

Nath, all it takes is a couple of high profile accidents like this to change a law. You know when I read yesterday about this taking place in Canada I thought about you all and wondered if your news was just crammed with this story.

Tracy, Natasha Richardson is one of those larger-than-life type of stories to which legend and lore can be made about head injury and trauma.

You were an extra once, really? Wow! Did you work for food (that's all you get sometimes) or did you get paid. Was it fun or drudge?

11:24 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home