A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Holy Moly...

Guess what we brought home today? A brand spankin' new laptop. Yep, GG and I are the proud new owners of a MacBook. Sure I could be buying a new purse and clothes for my trip to DC, but why do something practical when I can go slightly nuts instead?

I'm not saying we're nuts because we got the laptop, that's been in the works for a year or so. No, I think we are slightly nuts because we went to the dark side and got Mac. It's our way of going middle-age crazy. Fortunately we have Shmoo to help us out if things get too complicated, but so far so good.

We got on the internet, set up access to our work emails and now I'm writing my very first post on Presley. Since we call the desk PC Elvis (Beanie's idea) I figure we'll call the laptop Presley. Too sissy? Not manly enough for the attractive aluminum body? GG says to go with Costello. There's more than one Elvis in the world... What?? There's only about a bazillion fans that would beg to differ, but I got bigger fish to fry than that debate. I have to figure out what to name the laptop that will begin many wonderful adventures with me us starting today.

Poor GG. He thinks I'm going to share. Wait! Stop the presses! I think I have the perfect name. I'm going to call the laptop 'Jax' after my fave heroine in Ann Aguirre's GRIMSPACE. Jax the space jumper taking people, or "jumping" them, from place to place in mere moments. My Our laptop will be taking me us places too. It's insane how happy this is making me.

Jax it is.

Let the games begin.

*whispers* GG wants a turn now. What's that saying about sharing being good for the soul? Anybody? Bueller?

ETA: Bear with me. I'm not as quick (yet) or as proficient (yet) with the Jax' keyboard and ze typos zey abound. I've left several after I published comments here and there. Dammit anyway!

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I get a new cell phone. You get a new laptop. Maybe we're both slightly unhinged?

8:42 PM PDT  
Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

Ok, that's the coolest thing ever! Congrats on the Mac. I love Mac.

10:23 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I want a lap top so bad. And they've really come down in price. But I was thinking of getting a Mac lap top too but I don't think they are coming down quite as much. And if I have to learn stuff to operate it - maybe I won't get one after all.
You will have to let me know how easy it is to use.

4:10 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy,unhinged you say? Maybe. It's fun though. Also liberating in a way.

Ann, yeah, Macs are pretty awesome. I can't believe how much faster Jax runs compared to my PC.

BTW, the name came to me in an epiphany. Now I'm in love with the idea. Maybe because I'm reading BLUE DIABLO right now? Already invested Chance and Corinne... the dynamics are very intense there.

Kristie, well my new toy will be with me in DC so you'll get a chance to try it out and see for yourself.

9:05 AM PDT  
Blogger AuthorM said...

Welcome to the world of MAC! :)

Love mine. I don't have a laptop, but I would like one. Only because I love Macs. I actually don't like writing on laptops. And I have a nearly brand new iMac so can't justify a laptop, not even for travel...

Hmm...could I justify it for travel... :)

M

9:37 AM PDT  
Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

Woohoo! I can't wait to read your thoughts on Blue D. I am really proud of this one.

9:38 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Megan, well if this first 24 hours is any indication can the iMac be far behind? I don't know. It's pretty tempting. Back to saving again I guess.

Ann, when Chance comes back into her life and they smell the scents they each smell the scent they bought for the other... Scent is one of my big triggers for memory (like a lot of women) and wow tha whole sequence hit me in the solar plexus. Now I gotta quit fussing with the laptop and setting stuff up and get back to reading,

10:37 AM PDT  
Blogger Nikki said...

Welcome to the dark side! It's a great place to be! Once you go mac you never go back!

12:37 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nikki, that's what I hear. So what's next the iMac or the iphone? :D

1:24 PM PDT  
Blogger AuthorM said...

iPhone! iPHone!

M

1:32 PM PDT  
Blogger Gigi said...

This is kind of random but I dreamed about getting a Mac and the Mac guy coming to deliver it wearing nothing but a tie. When I woke up all I could think was at least it wasn't the PC dude. Eeek. Enjoy your new toy :)

1:54 PM PDT  
Blogger Luann said...

My son got a Mac laptop a couple years ago and says it is the greatest thing to have. Coming from a bona fide computer geek, that is praise indeed. Enjoy!!!

6:34 PM PDT  
Blogger WarriorM said...

I'm so jealous! I'm ready to forgo our PC's and go Mac. Craig says we'll have to wait awile since we just got this laptop over Christmas, darn it! I'm fed up with the problems we've been having with all the many Microsoft updates from this past year. My honey says it could be the softwear, but I think it the system!

Well, YAY for you! I'm sure you'll get the hang of the keyboard in short order.

7:59 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, I love it when I get a new toy!! Have fun with it!! I'm not a fan of laptops. I guess I'll change my mind though whenever I need one!

5:13 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Megan, honestly, that's what I'm thinking too... the iPhone. However, I have one more year with my Treo before I can justify doing it.

Giselle, wow! Isn't that actor Justin Long the Mac guy in the commercials? Did you see the movie SHE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU? Maybe that's why you dreamed about him. At any rate naked or not take the Mac. :D

Luann, I'm a pretty happy camper, so I can't see going back to a PC.

WarriorM I can't even begin to tell you how much I love Jax. It's so cool and so fast, even for me and I'm impatient.

Nath, I love new electronics too. I'm in a zone right now trying to learn everything about this new Mac world. So much new stuff to check out. Why don't you like laptops? Too small?

10:20 PM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

Congrats on the new laptop. I think we'll need to get one soon as the girls are wanting my puter time. :)

11:12 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Tracy, thanks. I'm enjoying it tremendously and so far nobody's asked me to get off of it or borrow it. Although, *whispers* I'm supposed to be sharing with GG.

11:26 PM PDT  
Blogger Kate Diamond said...

Yay for new technology!

9:07 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kate, truer words were never spoken!

5:21 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home