A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

What a weekend!

Finished LORD OF SIN by Madeline Hunter. I'll be digging in ye olde tbr for the others in the series. It really hit the spot...

Not as much as this one though.



What a wonderful surprise to find at my favorite Borders store on Saturday! Quite by accident, I might add. I read it in one sitting Saturday night. Four and a half hours of bliss. I don't know what to say beyond...GOOD BOOK and wonderful addition to the contemporary series Ms. Kleypas is writing about the Travis family.

Another surprise at Borders was finding Jodi Thomas' new contemporary REWRITING MONDAY as well. I actually had one of the booksellers ask me, "Why Jodi Thomas? Why that book?"



More to feel good about this weekend? Beanie called to say that he'll be home a couple of days of his Spring Break mid-week. Shmoo's GF came home from her cruise and we got caught with her and had lunch with she and Shmoo on Saturday.

Spring flower planting is all done too. Merry little flowers of purple, white, red, and yellow are dancing in the breeze in my front yard.

A busy week is ahead and I have to finish my online traffic school too.

Spring is here and I'm feeling good.

Oh, Steadman, it was divine talking to you Friday night.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Dev said...

I cannot wait to get my hands on Rewriting Monday, or Smooth Talkin' Stranger. I actually think I've got STS waiting for me at the library ~ I just have to drive my lazy self into town to pick it up :-)

9:34 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Dev, SMOOTH TALKIN' STRANGER delivers. I was surprised by the Jodi Thomas book. I didn't know she had a contemp coming out. However, I really enjoyed that Madeline Hunter and I think I'm going to read another historical of hers in that series.

9:54 PM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

You do realize that if Kristie sees this post she might put a hit out on you. Doesn't the Kleypas have a laydown date of the 31st? I've lost track. But then, I always seem to lose track of laydown dates. Occupational hazard.

10:12 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, uh, yeah, about that lay down date, no one was more (pleasantly) surprised than I was that the book was on the shelves at my fave Border store. So, hopefully Kristie will forgive me.

11:57 PM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

Rosie ~ You did know that Rewriting Monday is a loose follow-up to Twisted Creek, didn't you?

7:08 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Rosie, I'm soooo jealous of you for the Rewriting Monday by Jodi Thomas!! Me want that book, BADLY!!!! It's not supposed to come out till next Tuesday... Guess I can start stalking my bookstore.

So, what did you tell the bookseller? LOL :)

Seems like your reading mojo is back by the way :) Glad for you!

Dev - is it really a follow up of Twisted Creek. I've been looking for more info about this book... and it doesn't say explicitly whether it is or not. I'm hoping it is!

10:49 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Dev, the book seems to take place in a fictional place near Twisted Creek, but I don't think (it doesn't appear) that any of the TC characters are in the book.

Nathie, the best thing is that I wasn't even expecting to find REWRITING MONDAY.

The bookseller thought I picked up the Jodi Thomas book because it was the last one and that I was buying it thinking someone else thought it was a good book. I told him 'No, this is an author I regularly read.' He wanted to chat about my Romance reading... I answered a few questions, but dang...I wanted to browse!

9:37 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

That's great, finding books EARLY and especially when you were expecting them!

Can't wait to see what you think of it :D

7:47 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home