A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Apples & Oranges

There is always a running list in my head of what I am doing-thinking-saying and what I really want to be doing-thinking-saying.

Because I can't shut up or stop thinking about it. Er...my brain can't shut up or stop thinking about it.

1. While making my bed, I now think about all the people I know who DON'T make their bed. I obsess about why I still do and then wonder if all this wondering makes it a mental health issue?

2. While folding clothes and listening to Shmoo rhapsodize about all things Edward and Bella (I may have mentioned he's hooked on the Twilight series) I am actually wondering if he will remember this when I have Alzheimer's and come and visit and talk to me then.

3. I love blogging but while doing it realize that I rarely watch TV and that it eats drastically into my reading time...the blogging does.

4. While swimming up and down the length of the pool I wonder if being more fit is worth the time I lose in the evenings and on weekends. Of course I've added wondering how I'm going to fit weight training in now too.

For no apparent reason at any given time I'm wondering how women do it all. There is no way when my kids were in grade school that I could spend the time I do now on the computer. Just no way.

Everything has a season I guess.

So why am I sitting here typing and wondering about this stuff instead of going in my room and reading?

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

So why am I sitting here typing and wondering about this stuff instead of going in my room and reading?

Um yeah - there's the million dollar question. If you figure out the answer let me know. I can't tell you how many times I've been sucked into the computer only to muse that "I really should be reading."

8:40 AM PDT  
Blogger Renee said...

And what, pray tell, did you finally choose to read?

Yeah, I do the same thing. It usually hits me that I could be reading when I realize that the book and the laptop are both on the chair with me. But then there's always one more blog to read . . .

10:33 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, I'm glad you're thinking of me everyday :D and I wonder how long Shmoo's obsession with Twilight will last :D and yes, blogging takes a lot of time :) but it's fun!! Especially when other comments on your blog :) Makes it worth!

11:10 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, uh, yeah, I ended up watching a Hallmark movie last night. No reading. Again.

Renee, well, I'm dragging around a Mercy Thompson (1st one) and a Madeline Hunter. Dunno yet.

Nath, trust you to realize that means I think about you guys all the time. Yes, Shmoo is still Edward and Bella obsessed. We just got the DVD of the movie and, of course, he's taken possession of it. I have to say though he's moved on to other vamp books. He hasn't done this much reading since he was junior high school age. Reading is a good thing...

12:32 PM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

Oh honey there's just never enough time to do everything we'd like to do in any give 24 hour period! It's so sad. I've given up tv and it's great - one less thing to worry about! lol

I love that you think about all the people who don't make their beds while you make yours. So Rosie! lol

My 13 year old niece is a Twilight fanatic and it seems like we have no other conversations besides Twilight ones. Crazy!

3:10 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Tracy, my thinking about all you people who don't make your beds is tragic I tell you. Again, this is why my children call me crazy.

5:52 PM PDT  
Blogger Gigi said...

Rosie
I do the same thing. My reading time is sooo precious and yet here I am lollygagging on the 'puter.

PS
I wish I had someone I could wax poetic about Edward and Bella to. Hubby just rolls his eyes. *sigh*

6:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Giselle, as I type this Shmoo is talking to me about Edward and Bella and a beach scene... I am sooooo not kidding!

8:31 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Yep, totally there with the blogging and computer - if I pulled the plug I would be forced to read again!!

When I make my bed I think about how I should actually *make* the bed and not just straighten out the bed. The other day I was thinking about the guest room and how to dress the bed and yep, you were there in my brain and I realized I'll never be as good as you but I had a goal ;)

For swimming, being too alone with my thoughts was part of the reason I stopped doing lengths - now I want to buy an underwater headset that plays music. I can do anything with music - NO COUNTRY THOUGH!! ;)

cIndyS

11:52 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, here is my train of thought. Me not doing my bed... Therefore you think of me every time you do your bed which should be everyday. Ergo, you think of me everyday :D

I think the trick is just to schedule/routine everything... and perhaps not do it everyday?

10:07 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, so did you feel me thinking about you when I was tossing pillows on my bed this morning? hahahahah!

10:20 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home