A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, November 30, 2009

29 on the 29th

Yesterday was my 29th wedding anniversary. Trust me, if you don't have many miles on your marriage when you hit 29 years you can be struck anew with how fast the time goes. Conversely you may also be stunned at how much living you've done in what feels like a short amount of time.

Like any couple that has been together for 29 minutes much less 29 years we've had ups and downs, good times and bad, happy and sad. At the end of the day all I can say is love endures. Love endures AND it helps to have a sense of humor. Oh and it didn't hurt that I married a man that "gets" me and loves me anyway. That's a big plus. Thanks GG you are the best man a woman could ever hope to spend her life with. Thank you for loving me even when I forget to buy you an anniversary card.

I'm over at Access Romance Readers Gab today. Come over and see what I have to say about passion and music.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Kati said...

Happy Day, Rosie and GG! You guys are an inspiration.

To 29 more years!

5:53 AM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Having a great guy that gets you really makes a difference. GG is an awesome dude. Here's to 29+ more :)

7:20 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

Congratulations for your 29th anniversary, Rosie!! It's great and amazing :)You have many and many more years in front of you two :)

Hmmm, you know what? You and my parents married the same year :)

7:38 AM PST  
Blogger Renee said...

Happy anniversary, Rosie! And, GG too, of course! :-)

9:42 AM PST  
Blogger WarriorM said...

I forgot a card too...sorry! I'm so happy for the two of you. A great couple that has shown Major Craig and I a thing or two about love and marriage! Lots of love to you both! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

10:17 AM PST  
Blogger KT Grant said...

OH wow!!! Congrats on 29 more great years together :D

10:53 AM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

Happy, happy anniversary Rosie & GG! You should have remembered to buy him a card though. You guys could have ended up burning it for heat.

Hardy har har.

Hope you guys get the new furnace up and running this week!

2:02 PM PST  
Blogger Jenster said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you do something really amazing next year for your 30th! And I look forward to being able to say I've been happily married for 29 years someday. Thanks for the inspiration!

2:07 PM PST  
Blogger sula said...

wow, congrats! that's awesome! :) I haven't even been married for 29 weeks and I can tell that it's going to be quite a journey. Here's to many more happy and fulfilling years.

3:37 PM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

Congratulations you guys! That's so awesome...I just love that folks still have real-life Happily Ever Afters!

5:29 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

You all are gems and thanks for your good wishes.

11:32 PM PST  
Blogger Tara Marie said...

Happy Anniversary!! 30 next year that's a big WOW :)

12:44 PM PST  
Blogger Gigi said...

congrats rosie.what a sweet post. we just celebrated nine years on the 24th and it's been quite the journey. can't wait to see what it's going to be like twenty years from now.

6:32 PM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Belated congrats on your 29th anniversary!! You and GG are great people and a wonderful couple. I'm glad I got to meet you two.

8:12 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home