A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Movies, Movies, Movies

So we bought the blu-ray of STAR TREK. Shmoo has watched it about 6 times already. GG and I managed to watch it over the weekend. We went whole hog and nerdy because we watched much of the second disc which had deleted scenes and the story behind the story, casting etc. Twas lovely. Man, that was a good movie wasn't it?

BTW, anybody know if Chris Pine (Capt Kirk) is going to be in an upcoming movie? Is there going to be another STAR TREK movie you think?

Next up was NEW MOON. Shmoo's GF had a birthday and they graciously let the oldsters tag along with them to the movie. I think it was better than the first one. They certainly are engaging and attractive individuals that Bella, Edward and Jacob, aren't they? Do we really have to chose a team, Edward or Jacob? Cuz I'm not going to.

We also went to see BLIND SIDE this weekend. I have to say that since I'm both sentimental AND a Mom I was teary eyed through much of this movie. It was well done and such a great story. Go see it, you won't be sorry. It's the best thing Sandra Bullock has done for awhile and her face doesn't look so "worked on" from plastic surgery.

I love movies, don't you?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

Very nice week-end, rosie :D I bought the Star Trek movie last Tuesday and proceeded to watch it a couple of times as well ;) Just so funny :)

I do think there's going to be another Star Trek movies. When you hear the people talking about it in the special features, especially the cast, they kept saying next movie or something like that. So I do believe there'll be more, youppi :)

I went to see Blindside as well on Friday with my sister. When I saw the trailer back in the summer, I told my sister: We're going to see this movie. I love this kind of movie... and it was very cute and touching. I think that the best part was the end,when we see the pictures of the real Micheal Oher and his family. It's like your proof that this is indeed a real story.

4:31 AM PST  
Blogger Rowena said...

Wow, you saw both New Moon and Blind Side? I want to see Blind Side. I really enjoyed New Moon and agree with you that it was better than the first movie.

I haven't seen Star Wars yet but that's on my list as well.

Great weekend of movies!

9:23 AM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

We saw Star Trek in the theater, and I really liked it. My Man was so-so on it - but that would be because he is SO not a fan of a particular plot device. I'm usually not either - but for movies like Star Trek, I think it can work.

I have absolutely no interest, at all, in ever seeing the Twilight movies. None. I tried listening to the first book on audio, got to about Chapter 7, and gave up. I kept throwing up in my mouth a little. But for what it's worth for interested comment readers - I thought the audio production was rather good. Just not good enough to make me care about the actual story. Heh.

I want to see The Blind Side - but we'll likely end up waiting for DVD. I think the next movie we'll make it to the theater for is Sherlock Holmes.

9:25 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nathie, it was a good weekend. It was a 3-day because I took Friday off. GG is off this whole week and I'm so jealous. Although he has to stay home and supervise the guys putting in the new heat/ac unit.

Rowena, yep we saw them both. Oh, and Ween? It's STAR TREK not STAR WARS. Apparently like with Team Jacob and Edward, there is Team STAR WARS and Team STAR TREK. I wouldn't want you to get mugged by a rabid fan or something.

Wen, I was 'meh' about the Sherlock Holmes movie until I saw the trailer this weekend. Whew! It looks GOOD!

10:54 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

Lucky him!!! but then, you do get Thursday and Friday off anyway for Thanksgiving right?

So the guys are coming this week? Good thing.

As for Sherlock Holmes, I still have some qualms about it.

3:33 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, yes I get Thursday and Friday off. Yay! The new unit and ducting will be done this week. However, the gas company won't be out to run their line until NEXT week. It looks like Dec 4th is our target date to get heat. Thank goodness we haven't gotten any colder than the low 30s yet.

5:24 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home