A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

FREE AT LAST...FREE AT LAST!

It's official. Today I gave my two-week notice that I'm quitting my job. Yippee skippy doo-dah day!!!

August 30th is my target date for release. Although to be quite honest, and I must admit not all that surprising, the higher ups want to offer me an "incentive package" to stick around a bit longer and be sure my replacement is trained.

I told 'em it would have to be a VERY BIG INCENTIVE. One of my co-workers suggested a new car would be a VERY BIG INCENTIVE. Well, yes it would but perhaps not as big an incentive as freedom from the insanity.

Please understand, this is not the "good, creative we are all cranking on the same cylinders being incredibly productive while having loads of fun" kind of insanity either. This insanity is more like the..."if I have to work there much longer I will either commit a capital crime or become a raging alcoholic" kind of insanity.

But once I'm home with my thoughts all I can think about is getting out of the toxic environment. So who knows? An email from the director of our department is in my in box requesting I call first thing in the morning.

That guy I live with has it all figured out for me. Never darken their doors again. Easy for him to say...he loves his job. No one is throwing VERY BIG INCENTIVE packages at him.

Now I've got two things to buy at the store. A brand new shiny shovel and a VERY BIG INCENTIVE bottle of gin.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home