Inquiring Minds Want to Know...
KarenS posted that she would be conducting a sort of contest looking for questions and authors to interview and ask unusual questions. She requested all interested parties email her at firstname.lastname@example.org and put INTERVIEW QUESTIONS in the subject line. Pretty brave for a woman that recently had 1900 emails to delete from her in box.
Of course, since I'm never at a loss for words and have secret questions I have always wanted to ask an author I sent her the following questions:
Here are some things I've always wanted to ask authors.
1. Have you ever gotten even with someone in a book? Created a character from someone in your real life and then exacted revenge for some past wrong?
2. Have you ever written a sex scene that is from a real life experience word for word, act for act, but your significant other doesn't know it?
3. Have you ever revealed a secret that even your nearest and dearest don't know about you (like you had sex in the church confessional) in a book?
4. Do you ever take real life stories (your own) and re-tell them to make the story come out the way you think it should have?
5. If only one person could read your book, who would that be?
6. If you had a choice between only that one person reading the book or it being a best seller, which would you choose?
6. Which do you value more, that a reader likes your book, but misses the point of the story; or, gets the point, but hates the book?
7. What characterizes a successful book to you?
8. Has anything a reviewer or reader said or written about you changed the way you write?
What do you think? Is there a question you have always been burning to ask your favorite author?