A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Remember waaaaay back last week?

I do!! I remember how much I was looking forward to new releases this week by Karen Marie Moning and Sarah McCarty. Rhapsodizing over the idea of getting the books and reading them the same day...all day long if I wanted to.

Alas, I've been sucked back into the abyss called employment by a large increase in my pay (code for "you'll pay me how much? Uh, er, umm... OK!) and by some pretty heady strokes to my ego. Yeah, I fell for the ole "We can't do it without you" schtick.

So I'm back at the salt mines. Still part-time and with even more flexible hours and option of doing as much work as I want from home. Pretty cool...huh? I've only agreed to help with some training and transitioning for the next 6 months.

Of course the guy I live with is a bit disappointed. He was looking forward to me not working any more. As with most of those with the "Y" chromosone there were/are ulterior motives voiced by said "Y" with thinly disguised concern for me which is really about comfort for him. He cracks me up. Some day, I will devote an entire post to the wacky, wonderful and convoluted thinking of the male species.

Until then...

HI-HO...HI-HO...it's off to work I go!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home