A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

TIME'S UP!!


Hear the clock ticking? I DO! Here's the way it goes. I'm 50, I'm overweight, I have a great husband, two great boys and I have rheumatoid arthritis.

To help you sort out what that means exactly--uh, um, well...what I'm trying to say is, I'm running out of time. I'm running out of excuses. It's time. It's time to actually DO something. I mean REALLY do something about getting healthy. Not thin...not a diet...a life change for the rest of my life. A way to live fit and healthy.

The guy I live with says I have one more week. That next Sunday, the day after he runs the St. George Marathon we would start--together. He's awesome, I know, but I decided today I'm out of time.

Last year when my doctor told me I had to lose weight especially now that I have RA I told him I wasn't ready. I wasn't. Yeah, it sounds lame, but I'm one of those people who have to convince themselves they can do the task before actually giving it a go. So, it's been a year. My Mom would be kicking my butt big time. My sisters already do. Time. Is. Up.

So I'll devote my Sunday blogs to bitching and complaining about how I'm doing. I figure it will at least cut down on how much I bitch about it in my real life. Those of you who are near and dear to me beware. I didn't say it would ELIMINATE the bitching, just pare it down...some.

Oh, and one more thing. It is helping me, so I'm going to be writing my graditude attitude thought for the week on Sundays too...maybe...if I remember. Oh hell, I'll just throw them in whenever I feel like it like I already do. : )

Graditude attitude thought for the week: I'm thankful I live in a time where we have the science to warn 3 million people to flee a catastrophic hurricane.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger WarriorM said...

You're so awesome! I'm really proud of you! I know you'll do just great!! Now I need to motivate my butt back into the gym (I've been pretty inconsistent lately).

Sending love and encouragement your way! XOXOXO

11:37 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home