A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'm in the Dark!

Another thr-r-r-illing day at the office today. There was no electricity from 9 am to 3 pm. Which meant no phones, no heat, no lights, no fax, no cash register, no credit card machine, no computer. It also meant there was no light in the bathroom that has no window and no skylight. Pretty freaky!

Interestingly, the Director of our department chose today to bring our new Property Supervisor to show her our property. Yeah...with the lights out!! I just gotta say here. WTF?!!!

What saves the day in these situations? A sense of humor and the absurd. Our tenants were good humored for the most part. Which leads me to believe that someone put some heavy duty tranqs in the drinking water. Or I guess it could be that the electrical outage didn't affect them much because most of them have generators.

On the upside, I spent some time outside in the sunshine because it was warmer outside than in the building without heat. That was nice...and wonderfully rejuvenanting. I have to do that more often...just walk out into the sunshine during the work day. I also made hand written "To Do" lists for my work next week. Of course, I'll be transcribing them into Outlook tomorrow, but it was peaceful to write things out in a leisurely fashion today and collect my thoughts.

Best of all without the phones jangling off the hook it was a tranquil day. A calm day where I could carry on conversations with clients, tenants, and visitors because I wasn't interrupted every 30 seconds with a phone call.

So, I'm never going to complain about being kept in the dark again. You believe me...don't you?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger WarriorM said...

So good you're day turned out calm! You need more of those, if you ask me.

Today I'm home with TWO, count them, TWO sick kids. Sam was under the weather today. In reality, he was tired and really didn't want to go to school, so me, the indulgent mother, let him stay home. What can I say, I'm a push over!

9:08 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home