A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Got Friends?

Ah...the treasure of friendship. If we are lucky we have one or two real friendships in our lives. I've been fortunate to have my three sisters as dear friends along with some very special women, Steadman, Kellstance, Vicki and DivaZ. I've known all of them for years and we keep in touch and keep up with each other's lives. We've laughed, we've cried, we've shopped, shared meals, joys, tragedies and drinks. I have many other friends with whom I spend time, but these women are the nearest and dearest. For each of them I am truly grateful for their presence in my life.

So imagine my surprise when I had the good fortune to find out recently that I'd lost my "last" friend. No she didn't die...her over inflated ego and arrogant self righteousness helped her deconstruct an already tenuous association.

Of course she lacks the courage and integrity to give me the devastating news herself that she is the self-appointed last friend I have. No, she gave the news to a poor unsuspecting third party who didn't know that I'd lost my "last" friend. In the ultimate act of passivie agressiveness she favors, she makes the "last friend" comment as though it is with regret and sadness for me. Could she get more pathetic? The comment was made with the express intention that it would be dutifully repeated to me. Guess what happened? I laughed out loud! Joke's on you lonely old lady living with a dog, two cats and neglectful husband. Good God your two two closest companions are also lonely old women who are both drunks. Have a nice life!
What's really sad is that this self appointed "last friend" hadn't realized that our friendship had ended more than 8 years before. She strangled it single handedly. Ka-put!! Didn't she notice when I started working with her 3 and 1/2 years ago that I never engaged in the relationship in the same way as years before? At best we were co-workers. Despite all my personal feelings about her and her behavior and ethics, I was loyal, respectful and hard working during the tenure of our work relationship. Now this. This past month when I didn't think she could sink any lower she has. So she wants to write nasty letters? Gossip with the tenants? Go ahead. What she doesn't get is that she doesn't matter.

The real head scratcher? If her life is as fabulous and care free as she professes, why meddle in mine? Why does she care? Why does she bother? Why doesn't she get a life of her own?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger WarriorM said...

Sweet Ro, she's a sad and pathetic soul. The poor thing can only try to make everyone around her as sad and pathetic as she is. I'm just so sorry she continues to try to make you feel bad! I'm going to concentrate really hard and put a curse on her!

6:18 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home