A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Help Out a Struggling Musician!

I had a book review for you for today, but while blog hopping last night I found out about a contest at Alternative Press called Almost Famous. This is a sort of battle of the bands contest. A fellow romance reader and blogger Holly has a brother whose band is participating in the contest. The band's name is Larusso.

All you need to do is go to AP, take a second to register and vote for three bands with Larusso being number one of course. While you are there check out some of the other band sites and listen to their music to cast your other two votes. My son, who already knew about the contest, cast one of his votes for
Endless Hallway. For more information go to Holly's site and read her post. C'mon the links are right here for you...click and vote. Besides being fun, you'll be hearing some up and coming new bands.

I figure one good turn deserves another. My brother and the AOL Gold Rush game one day...Holly's brother and battle of the bands another day! You gotta love the 'net!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

AWW! Thank you so much! We really appreciate it!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

10:44 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Holly, I've asked my son to keep track and let me know who wins. Like I said, this was fun. I hope alot of people just go to broaden their music horizons and listen to something new.

5:13 PM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

Rosie ~ I enjoyed listening to all the clips. I pretty much like all kinds of music, so I had a great time.

7:47 PM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

I plan on updating my blog with the winner when he/she/they are announced, but I'm glad your son is keeping track, too.

And it is a good way to find new bands and hear something different. I was honestly surprised by a few of the bands listed there.

Devonna,
Me too. :)

8:09 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home