A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Dark Chocolate Moose Munch Bar





Look at this candy bar. It looks innocent enough doesn’t it? Well, it isn’t! There I was idling my time away like all the other Saturday shoppers at Target when my gaze fell upon the teal blue packaging.

Huh, I thought.
Harry & David? Harry & David make a candy bar? I thought they only did mail order. Is there such a thing as a Harry & David store? Hey, look at that…it says dark chocolate…DARK chocolate. There aren’t many of those, candy bars that are all dark chocolate. Small alert warnings and strobe lights begin to go off in the back of my head when I pick up a candy bar to inspect it more closely. Wow, it has almonds! I love when candy bars have almonds in them. Moose Munch? What’s Moose Munch? (Turn bar over) Oh, buttery light caramel corn. Lip licking and salivating now. Gee, this looks like a pretty good candy bar. I lay the bar on the counter to pay for it and almost immediately pick it up to put back in the display. C’mon you’ve been losing weight, you’re doing yoga every day…remember? You are eating healthy for godsakes! Hovering….hovering with bar over display. Screw it! I smack the bar down on the counter.

Yes, really happened. If anyone was watching me they probably thought I forgot my meds that morning. But I have to say…really good candy bar! It’s small, very rich and melts in your mouth. Really good creamy dark chocolate…which I happen to prefer which is why it was so damn tempting in the first place. Fortunately, my purchase didn’t throw me into a crazed chocolate eating binge either. I actually split the bar and ate half for dessert at my lunch and dinner. Yuummmmy for my tummy! Oh, and that noise you hear? That's me licking and smacking my lips in memory of the experience.
Pretty amazing candy bar eating experience for $1.99. Yeah, $1.99 is steep for one candy bar, but this one was worth it. *sigh* Now I just have to be sure I take a spotter with me to Target so I don’t run amok. I mean I can’t count on everyone being as distracted as I was waiting in the check out line and buying all the Dark Chocolate Moose Munch bars before I have to go shopping again. Best be prepared with reinforcements.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn that sounds good! I frickin LOVE dark chocolate!

Moose munch? You're from Canada ay? Around here that's just Caramel Popcorn (which i also LOVE, btw!)

8:27 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Zeek ~ Nope didn't know Moose Munch was caramel corn...do now though. This is a DEE-LISHUS candy bar. If you love dark chocolate...you'll swoon.

10:13 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

I went to a Harry & David outlet store in Minneapolis ~ got addicted the chocolate cherry candies...and I don't like cherries. They were so good! Now, I didn't know they did mail order. I thought I was away from temptation since I'm home in Montana now. Dang.

10:24 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Devonna ~ you are worried about mail order and now I have to worry about seeing a Harry & David store. Crikeys...this is SoCal I'm bound to run into one sooner or later.

11:11 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

Rosie ~ Looks like there's quite a few stores in California. Wonder if there's one close to you?

harryanddavid.com

6:40 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Devonna, I'm afraid to look!

8:14 PM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

See, I don't like candy OR chocolate, so I don't have to worry about H&D's, but just FYI, there IS one in LA. *big grin*

11:50 PM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

Oh, and to be fair, I will tell you that despite my rather unnatural immunity to chocolate, my mouth was watering when I read your post. Good use of writing skills there. :)

11:51 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Holly, I've met a few of you exceptional women who have the favored immune to chocolate gene. Lucky ducky...

8:26 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home