A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Little Corner of the World

Here it is...my little office. The desk where I sit to visit you all and the shelves of books that surround me.








Here are the shelves stuffed to the gills. There are at least double rows and in some cases there are books stacked on top of the double rows.





Here's the chest for our yoga stuff. Instead of being all over the room and on the floor we got everything in here now...bolsters, blankets, straps, and blocks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting






Here are some specific bookshelves showing my collection of Brockmann, Howard, Kleypas, Stuart, some hardcovers with Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery right next to Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Karen Robards. And a final photo to show that it's not ONLY romance novels. The guy I live with happens to like Clancy and Grisham too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting






Here is the infamous TBR basket. There are about 8 more books on by bedside stand right now too. It's hard to believe I'm constantly weeding out and trading isn't it?

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Gosh, I'm so jealous. I only have four bookshelves now. Of course, they're packed to the gills, but I want floor to ceiling like that.

11:49 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Holly, they aren't quite to the ceiling...they are 6', but I put books on the top of them to maximize space. I still have 3 tubs of books in my storage shed that I worry about all the time because of heat and weather.

I keep thinking that when I'm old and can't afford my book habit I will go back through all the books and have tons to choose from to re-read. That's the theory anyway.

12:02 AM PDT  
Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

*sigh* if only my office and bookshelves were this organized! *sigh*

8:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

Rosie ~ I would love your office! My goal is to get some bigger book shelves and organize ALL of my books (yes ~ even including my TBR pile). *sigh* ~ maybe some day.

8:55 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Your desk is so neat!! LOL I have a little space carved out for my computer, the rest is covered with papers.

Jealous of all your books too. :P

10:41 AM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Oooh - very impressive collection you have there!! And what great atmosphere you have to visit in! And I hold the same kind of theory. Some day I will go through and reread all my books *snort*

3:23 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I'm jealous too over how organized you are and all your lovely books! LOVE that room!

7:51 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:16 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sorry for the delay answering your comments. I’ve been without internet service for just over 24 hours and then this is the second time trying to post my comments to you all. Blogger really sucks sometimes! Thanks for your comments.

Jodi, I try to be organized, but sometimes end up with piles of books on the floor before I get them sorted and distributed.

Devonna, this has been years in the making, you’ll get there. My boys don’t love the office, because it means they have to share a bedroom!

Ames, the desk looks neat because I cut out the top of it where the baskets with all the papers that need to either be worked on or filed are! : )

Kristie, we have similar collections it seems like since we’ve both been reading for so long. Let’s agree to start re-reading together…you know when we get through our TBR! You know right around the time hell freezes over. Hahaha!

Zeek, I have to admit I love this room too. It’s small and cozy. My only regret is I don’t have room for a chair so I could read in here. I’d have to give up bookshelves to do it and I don’t see that happening.

1:25 PM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

I am soooo jealous! A room all to yourself just for your stuff. Heaven, pure heaven!

8:57 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks Lori. I do have to work at keeping it neat. Books seem to just grow in piles spontaneously!

1:46 AM PDT  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

Oh, shut UP! Look at all those shelves!!! I have absolutely no room in my place--well, I have room for 1 shelf and I'm redoing the living room, so maybe...no. No! I tell myself it's good to not have as many possessions, so no! ;-)

8:33 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Gabrielle, you make a good point, I commented somewhere that sometimes I wonder if I own the books or the books own me. I sure wouldn't want to move them. The weight!!! The cost!!!

11:41 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home