A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, February 16, 2007

10 Weird Things About Me

Tagged by Scooper...here's more than you wanted to know about me:

1. While I'm middle aged, overweight and have a rewarding and active sex life, I don't want to read about women like me. I'm more interested in reading about women in their mid 20s to 30s who are trying to figure themselves and life out. I don't like stories where the woman's full figure is part of the storyline or plot and while I know that women can have great sex in their 40s and 50s I don't want to read about it.

2. I have a very loud and on-going internal dialogue all day. It's frequently annoying and always exhausting.

3. I feel very strongly about women's issues but in my real life choose and celebrate a very traditional life style.

4. I celebrate education, have told my sons they are going to college no ifs, ands, or buts, and I only have a two year degree myself.

5. I make lists for everything to make myself accountable because without them I sort of drift through life and don't get things done I really want to.

6. I used to be compulsive about my bra and panties matching everyday and now I purposely don't match them and I don't know why.

7. I have very few pieces of female nightwear. I usually sleep in a man's oversized t-shirt or in the winter a flannel night shirt.

8. I don't like perfume and I don't like any scent on a man (especially mine!) other than soap.

9. I like Cocoa Puffs. I never ate them until I was in my 40s and didn't buy them for my kids. My first taste was by accident and now I buy them for a treat. I had a bowl for dessert last night.

10. I don't think most sit-coms or stand up comedians are funny. I will be the one person in an audience or room not laughing. The quirky and unusual are what make me laugh.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Tara Marie said...

OMG Rosie, I could have written just about everything on your weird list, add them to mine, maybe I really am weird--LOL.

7:32 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

TM, even the Cocoa Puffs? I can't believe I didn't eat them for almost 30 years and now am addicted.

1:27 AM PST  
Blogger Tara Marie said...

Well, not the Cocoa Puffs, but I do eat chocolate every day of my life--LOL and I've been known to eat my son's Fruity Cheerios as a snack :D

2:20 AM PST  
Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

Well, here's a weird thing - your "weird things" actually make you quite normal. :)

9:33 AM PST  
Blogger scooper said...

It's funny that most of us who are overweight don't want to read about women like us. But I also get tired of the semi-anorexic women in the books.

11:23 AM PST  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I am so with you on #1 and #3 and #7 and #10 (Seinfeld being one of the exceptions)

6:53 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

TM, I'm out of Cocoa Puffs as of tonight. I just might make a special trip to the store for some.

Jodi, really? I'm not that weird? Would you write an endorsement to the males in my household? They think I'm certifiable.

scooper, Amen! Although I guess some big women dig 'em. Ditto with the skinny ones. Just give me a regular sized gal. What is that these days? Size 12?

Kristie, you and TM having things is common is so great. It's one of the reasons I continue to blog. It's great to know you "aren't the only one".

2:14 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home