A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, February 12, 2007

3 Nephews, History 118, a 101.5 Fever & SEP

Mea culpea! I can't believe how erratic my interaction in the great blogosphere and Romancelandia has been since November. Every week I think I'll get back to my routine and somehow I never get there.

My three nephews age 8, 7, and 4 are here. We are in the middle of a six day visit. Their Mom (my sweet sister Mary) went to Alabama to surprise her husband. He was attending a class for the Air Force for the last seven weeks. My sister flew out to surprise him and make the drive back. Even though it's a long drive back at least they are getting some time together and the nevvies are here entertaining me mightily. However, since my guys are 16 and 20 I forgot how high maintenance little guys are. Sheesh, I'm making three meals a day! And the laundry...Oy Vey!

Number one son decided to take a six-week online class over winter quarter. Yes, indeedy...History 118. The kid had sometimes two papers a week to do and tons of reading. I only mention it because he was on my computer about 6 hours a day...which while I'm on a roll with my whining...really cuts into blog time.

My last entry about my cold, which was barely over when the nevvies arrived, was nothing compared to how sick my younger son got. He not only got the cold, but the flu and for three days was running a temp of 101.5. The only thing that worked keeping the temp down for good was alternating tylenol and advil every three hours. You would think it would get easier when they are sick when they get older...you still worry.

Consequently I'm clueless about what is going on. I haven't been to another blog site in about 10 days. I'm practically a newbie again. My nephews will be here until the 15th so I probably won't be catching up much until the end of the week. If you have a minute let me know what you've been up to.

I do want to end this on a high note by saying I read NATURAL BORN CHARMER by Susan Elizabeth Phillips and thoroughly enjoyed the book. Since I read CROSSROAD CAFE by Deborah Smith last year I hadn't read a book I've enjoyed as much. If you are a SEP fan you won't be disappointed...if you aren't, it's worth the HC price.

BTW, Scooper, tagged me for what?

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mailyn said...

I do hope you and your babies are all well now. I've been MIA too but I'm taking a bit today to send love and hugs to all. ^_^

7:22 AM PST  
Blogger scooper said...

"10 weird things about me" is what I tagged you to do.

4:16 PM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Hey Rosie! Hope your son is on the mend and have lots of fun with your nephews!

9:21 AM PST  
Blogger ReneeW said...

Hope things get better for you soon. I hate when my kids were sick because I think I suffered as much as they did. I read Crossroads Cafe last month and loved it. I'm glad to hear you like the SEP since its on my TBB list. It seem so be hit or miss with people.

10:40 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Mailyn, the nephews are on their way home as we speak. They were here for a week. We all survived and my two sons are happy to have their room and the house back to themselves.

Scooper, hopefully I'll get a chance to get my list done later today. Are you sure you want to know 10 weird things about me?

Ames, yes my son is better and the nevvies are on their way home. Three meals a day for a week. I can't remember when I last did so much meal prep!

ReneeW, yeah no fun when kids are sick. My son is 16 and he already has the male gene where sickness turns him into a real pain in the butt. Thankfully we all survived. My nephews were steering clear of their cranky cousin.

11:33 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home