A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Brownies

Did you ever have a favorite recipe for something that you make alot because you make it pretty well and you always get compliments on it? I have a couple of things like that, but there are many more things I make that are just okay.

One of my favorite desserts is brownies. However, brownies are numbered among the things that no matter what recipe or package mix I might try the brownies come out only pretty good. Fit to eat, taste like brownies, but not great. You know what I mean? Not bad, but not great either.

I've had sitting in my pantry for quite some time Ghiradelli chocolate chip brownie mix. For some reason yesterday I had a real hankering for some brownies. Out comes the mix I was relieved to find stashed in the back of the pantry. Fortunately, I had enough to mix up a double batch. Now I know what you're thinking. Wow! She really did crave herself some brownies. But consider I have three males to feed and you see that making a double batch is a matter of self defense.


Baking is usually not on my mind when the temperature is nearing 100 degrees and it's all we can do to keep the house cool. But I had to have 'em. Who craves brownies for no reason in the middle of summer?

Anyway, about an hour after I had my craving out come the brownies. Now excuse me for my next statement, but I swear to you it's the truth. This batch of brownies are the best damn brownies I've ever made! No, I'm not ready for the the Food Network, but I swear, they are the perfect consistency, the perfect blend of chocolate-y goodness and those Ghiradelli chocolate chips are scrumptious. In fact, I'm trying to talk myself out of having another one right now and it's damn difficult.

I think this is my brownie moment though. I can't believe I will have two batches of brownies in one life time that taste this good. I mean it's taken me 40 years of baking (give or take) to get this batch of brownies. What are the odds I'll ever have another? So mix or not, I've had my brownie moment. It's been worth the wait for every lucious chocolate mouthful.

Can you even believe I rhapsodized that long about brownies?

I was going to make this a books and brownies post, but I think I'll leave the books for tomorrow. It's not everyday you can say you made the perfect brownie.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... Did you share?

4:46 AM PDT  
Blogger Smart Socratics said...

And I do so love brownies too! Only the best for you. You glo girl.

4:57 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Can you send me some? LOL :D nice description... I think I'm drooling LOL :D

6:02 AM PDT  
Blogger Casee said...

I guess I'll have to make them and try them for myself. Darn. *g*

8:27 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Steadman, Steadman, Steadman, do you think it's even possible NOT to share. Beanie's comment was, "How much can I have before you get mad?"

Thanks Sue. I do have to hoard a couple or GG and I will only get crumbs.

Nath, sadly I think these are my best brownies so I'm enjoying them as much as I can.

Casee, you should try them. Heck everyone should try them and then we can see if the mix is magical or if I had a baking miracle. Selfishly I'm hoping it's the mix because that would mean I might get great tasting brownies again. :)

8:50 AM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

Wow. I have brownie issues, too. They always come out just...not perfect. I'm adding the mix to my shopping list. :)

10:20 AM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Ghiradelli chocolate chip brownies are the absolute best. That's the mix I use, too :)

Oh, and the joy of being the cook is that you can slice and dice 'em ant way you want 'em when you take 'em out and nobody knows how many you've filched *g*

7:28 AM PDT  
Blogger Gigi said...

Thanks for the craving:) Gonna have to make a run to the store after all.

1:10 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Holly, moist and cakey...they were good I tell you. It's worth a shot.

Lori, I've been known to "hide" a cookie or two. My boys cut browines into large cake sized servings. They don't know the meaning of restraint.

Giselle, you may have a craving, but the antidote is just a pan of chocolate-y goodness away. These are really easy to make. Go bake and put yourself out of your misery. Once I get something in my head I go nuts until the craving is satisfied.

10:28 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home