A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Where to begin...

The trip to my sister's was great. I love seeing her kids. They are so entertaining. The 4th BBQ was great. Lots of good food. That's code for I ate too much. Lots of good left overs too though. OTOH, reading is going slow, not because I'm in a funk but because we are just summer time busy. Vacation has been nice and relaxing. GG still makes me laugh and that's good because he equally drives me nuts. Good thing I like him.

It's taken me the better part of a day, off and on, to catch up with everything. As marvey as Google Reader is it doesn't help me read and comment any quicker on all your blogs. I've come to the conclusion that you all are some pretty amazing and wonderful people. Really.

Good news I received that I won a drawing at Marjorie Liu's Web Petals site. New cool stuff is always awesome. So are her books, btw.

Ummm...Steadman called me this afternoon. I have to work on a post for her about Germany. She's going on a business trip to Hambourg, Germany and wants me to dredge up from my memory banks stuff I know about Germany. So hey, you people out there in the world. Any info you can add or help out please make it known in the comments. Steadman and I will both be forever grateful.

The place that didn't hire me for the full time job called and asked if I wanted a part time job. They offered it to me today and I said yes. Sure it's half the hourly pay and half the hours, but it's the place I want to work, so there you have it. Besides they seem fairly certain it will be full time within a year, so who knows. New windows are open and all that. I start next Tuesday.

Zeek, I haven't forgotten about your tag. It's just that getting a "loved one" to list 8 traits or habits turned out to be problematic for the combined grey matter of the men I live with. Oy! You would not believe the conversation that ensued.

Beanie: Trait? What exactly do you mean by a trait?

Me: You're in college. Do you really not know what a trait is?

Beanie: You mean like how you have an eagle eye when it comes to cleaning?

Me: *sigh* Yeah.

Beanie: What? That's not a trait?

Me: Yes, but ...never mind. It's supposed to be in your words, so just never mind.

Beanie: That was in my own words.

Me: I know

GG: Can't you say something nice about your Mother?

Me: Babe...

GG: She likes to read books.

::head desk::

Me: Thanks babe. We'll just do this later.

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mailyn said...

LMFAO!!!! That convo was funny.

7:50 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Congrats on the job!! It's not full time YET ;)

Tell GG that *we* don't think it's a weird trait that you read books ;)

I haven't asked Bob yet because I know I'll get the 'you're perfect' response OR he'll say something that will get C-Rex up and thumping around.

I'm glad that you had a great vacation and right now I wishing I had left overs around here cause now I'm hungry ;)

CindyS

8:55 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Mailyn, yeah who'da thunk it would be so difficult to get 8 traits/habits from 3 men. Shmoo wisely declined to participate at all.

Cindy, I'm pretty happy overall about the job thing. Once they see me in action I'm hoping they'll realize what a huge mistake they made. Not that I'm bitter or anything! : )

11:12 PM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

LOL on the conversation!

I'm glad you had a great vacation and the job is great! I hope it turns out to be everything you want.

6:33 AM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

LOL @ the convo. MM has been laboring over his 8 things for days. He keeps telling me "Ok, I've got two now" "Ok, I've got three now"

I told him, jokingly, "Be wise, babe. Your answers could determine the future of our relationship" He said, "DON'T TELL ME THAT! I'M FREAKED OUT ENOUGH AS IS!!!" HAHAHA Poor MM.

CONGRATS ON THE JOB!!! That's very exciting and as Cindy said, It's not full time YET! :)

Wish I could help with the Germany thing..but uh, I'm clueless.

9:27 AM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Glad you had a good time and hey! congrats on the job!! Even though it's not the one you were wanting - you're in the company now!!!

5:28 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jen, it's just really hit me today that I'll be working again next week. It's been just a year since I quit my last job, but I feel great and rarin' to go.

Holly, that was only the first conversation. The second convo between me and GG was more like yours with MM. What's with the pressure already? Guys are wimps.

Kristie, I'm excited to be there and glad they called. Of course, my competitive spirit has kicked in and I'm determined to show them how fabo I am. :)

5:59 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

That conversation was really funneh :D and Schmoo is wise :D and CONGRATS on the job! I'm sure they're going to realize they made a mistake and hire you full-time soon :D

5:31 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home