A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, August 10, 2007

The Good Stuff

GG and I have a little routine we go through when one of us has the blues...okay usually me...it goes something like this.

Me: Tell me the good stuff.

GG: Well, the good stuff today is I love you.

Me: (A little zip of adrenalin in my voice) And...

GG: (Patient and smiling)Aaaaaand, we are always going to be happy.

Me: (nodding in agreement)Aaand...

GG: Does there have to be an 'and'?

Me: (Probably leaning against GG now) Today there does.

Then GG will proceed to tell me how we can figure things out together and that he knows we were meant to be together and...well it's just really nice and we've had this little routine since forever in our almost 27 years of marriage. The good stuff.

I told you all that because I was thinking today about how busy I've been and also how completely irked I've been with my internet provider. Even so, I realized that I have lots of good stuff going on in my life. For instance...

Even though I ended up with the part time job and not the full time job, I KNOW I have the better and more fun job.

I've read three books in a row that I really liked and enjoyed and they are all pretty different. (For those who want to know they are TIED TO THE TRACKS, DANGEROUS LOVER and A REASON TO BELIEVE)

My favorite bookstore in Orange County that I haven't been to in literally years is having a tea this Saturday. Unbelievably I'm still on their mailing list and I received an invite to the tea. Several authors are going to be there and you better believe I am too! My favorite librarian (the cape wearing kind) is going to the tea as well...so this qualifies as good stuff AND fun stuff.

My Mom's birthday made me smile this year instead of cry and that is definitely good stuff.

Shmoo is in school and has realized how fabs it is to be a Senior. I was worried about his complete indifference to this. It seemed just not right. However, the first day of school changed all that. Oh, and he and the GF have patched things up. That's good stuff, because who needs a moping teenager?

Beanie got all the classes he wanted (days, times, profs) for this next semester. That is REALLY good stuff.

All the other not-so-good stuff loses some of its bite when I can think about the really good things going on in my life. So how about you? What's the good stuff in your life today?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Tara Marie said...

Ah, life is Good :)

I like yours and Gorgeous George's game, will have to give it a try.

Have fun at the tea, we'll have a houseful of family for Junior and his cousin's birthday, praying it wont rain.

3:14 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

Very sweet. You always make me smile. :o)

The tea sounds wonderful. Hey! Maybe the next time I'm in Irvine you can show me this marvelous book store!!

5:46 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

TM, last weekend was our family weekend with GG's parents visiting. Fun but exhausting too. Hope your weather cooperates. And Happy Birthdy Junior!

Jen, are you kidding me? Of course I'd show you the store! If you get out here to SoCal I'd love the chance to, first...meet you, the store would be anti-climatic after that. ;)

6:35 AM PDT  
Blogger Mailyn said...

Reading your Good Stuff made me happy. ^__^

3:30 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

That is a beautiful way to be with each other and I'm glad that you can focus on the Good Stuff.

Bob and I do this but I call it blessings. So tonight we bought a double lounger for our roof top (our garage roof is flat and the lounger allows us to snug) and we talked about how blessed we are and then I thanked him for buying the lounger to look at the stars.

With the passing of Bob's dad so fresh in his mind it's good that he can look at our life and feel blessed.

CindyS

10:21 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Oh Mailyn, that makes me happy. :)


Cindy, a picture popped into my head of two people in a lounger on a roof snugged together looking at the stars and counting their blessings. That's just plain wonderful. We're the lucky ones aren't we?

10:39 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home