A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Rapture

Can't believe my last post was on Wednesday. This past week is a blur. But not to worry. Today was aces.

First, swimming. Yeah, we all know I like swimming. Then we took care of Shmoo's uniform. He's gotten into a program that preps you for the fire service. Big Surprise! They wear a uniform.

Next was a trip to my favorite Borders. You know what's coming next...right?


Books baby! That's right I scored a couple of books I've been dying to see released. I hardly know which one to announce first. So here they are...





Could you just scream!!!!!

MINE TO POSSESS by
Nalini Singh and DEMON NIGHT by Meljean Brook. I'm literally breathless with anticipation because both of these books are on my "most anticipated" releases for 2008. Don't know which one to read first. What a great dilemma to have though, huh?

After the book store we went to see 27 Dresses. Shmoo went with his girlfriend and, of course, I dragged GG along. Beanie's girlfriend is out of town, but he came along stag. Being out altogether always makes me happy.

The movie was cute and engaging. It was light, funny, and that James Marsden is one handsome guy. Katherine Heigl lights up the screen. I think she's got a big career in front of her. Seriously, she can really light up the screen. Have you seen she and Ed Burns on the MovieFone Unscripted interview? Very entertaining.


Despite my crazy week. I did manage to read a book. It took most of the week but that didn't take away from my thorough enjoyment of EXTREME DANGER by Shannon McKenna. Don't ruin for me by talking about what's PC or appropriate. Hey I know people have issues with Shannon McKenna's heroes, but I love the big alpha louts. Certainly some books work better for me than others but this was one of the good ones. It's sexy, moving, a bit over the top and HOT! Seriously hot. I commented on its hotness so much that GG wants to read it. Heh, heh... I'm not stupid ya know. *wink wink*

Anyway, that's my fabulous Saturday. I love days like this.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Dev said...

Sounds like you had a nearly perfect day. :-) I was supposed to go see 27 Dresses today but my friend got called into work (this happened last time we were supposed to see PS I Love You, too). Maybe next weekend.

9:34 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Hi Dev! It seems like forever since I've made the rounds. I'm hoping to catch up more tomorrow.

Yes, today was a very good day. I hope you get to see 27 Dresses soon. It's a cute movie.

9:38 PM PST  
Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

What a lovely day! And way to go Shmoo for the fire service prep!

9:46 AM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

Sounds like a great day! I want to see 27 Dresses, too. And no comments from me about the McKenna book - I absolutely adore her books. They are so not PC, but there's nothing like a hot McKenna alpha!

2:32 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jodi, I'm pretty happy about Shmoo and the fire service thing especially since graduation from HS is just 6 months away and he DOES NOT want to go the traditional college route. I have my fingers crossed that he may have stumbled on his bliss. Well, besides the on again-off again girlfriend. *sigh*

Lori, yay! I'm in good company then. This book really worked for me. He's vulnerable, but a hard a$$. She's crazy about him and doesn't know why... Loved it. Oh and it bears mentioning again. Hot!

4:36 PM PST  
Blogger nath said...

I am soooo jealous that you got Demon Night and Mine To Possess.... do you know how lucky you are because these are not supposed to come out before next week!

congrats to Schmoo :)

5:14 AM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

I'm super jealous you got both those books and saw 27 Dresses! LOL

Also, glad you enjoyed Extreme Danger - I was going back and forth on whether to buy it or not. Good stuff. :P

7:24 AM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

I'm glad you had such a relaxing Saturday. Congrats on your son getting into that program! Exciting stuff!

I hope my sons still want to hang out with ol' mom and dad when they hit Beanie's age!

8:33 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home