A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

March Reading List

It's not that I'm quitting on the mini-reviews with my list, I'm just short on time this month. I'm working on a grant for work. It's something I've never done before, grant writing, so I'm preoccupied with it. Besides, I talked quite a bit about the books this month. So, I'm going to steal Nath's format and give grades on each book instead. This grading thing is sort of momentous here at NOBODY ASKED ME because I've never done it before. *ahem* Drum roll maestro, please...


1. PREDATORY GAME by Christine Feehan B

2. SWEET SURRENDER by Maya Banks B

3. KILLER SECRETS by Lora Leigh C

4. TAMING THE TEXAN by Charlene Sands C-

5. THE HOLDING by Claudia Dain B+

6. WINTER WOMAN by Jenna Kernan A

7. TURNER'S WOMAN by Jenna Kernan B+

8. SHAKEN AND STIRRED by Kathleen O'Reilly B

9. ANIMAL LUST by Lacy Danes DNF

10. BROTHERS IN ARMS 4 - AT LOVES COMMAND by Samantha Kane B+

11. DARE TO DOMINATE by Claire Thompson B

12. TWO MASTERS FOR ALEX by Claire Thompson C

13. CHARMING THE MASTERS by Katherine Kingston DNF

14. SEX STRAIGHT UP by Kathleen O'Reilly B+

15. MIDNIGHT RISING by Lara Adrian B

16. BABY, I'M YOURS by Karen Templeton B+

17. BLUE EYED DEVIL by Lisa Kleypas B

18. PRIVATE ARRANGEMENTS by Sherry Thomas B

19. BROTHERS IN ARMS 2 - LOVE UNDER SEIGE by Samantha Kane C

Look at all those B grades! I had one of the best books I've read in a while this past month. OTOH I also had two DNFs. I can't remember the last time that happened. Although I have to say I'm much less likely to struggle through a book these days. With so many books waiting to be read (many of which are stored in tubs in my office) who wants to torture themselves through a blech-y read? Not me, that's for sure.

If you want more details I blogged a little bit about my reads here and here last month. The only full review is of WINTER WOMAN by Jenna Kernan which is linked in the list. Otherwise, ask away in the comments if you want to know about a particular book.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Hmmm, that grade on the Charlene Sands HH doesn't bode well. I think I have that on my Sony Reader.....

I've found her hit or miss so far. The verdicts: One SD where the heroine drove me crazy, one HH western that I liked, but again some quibbles with the heroine, and another HH that I enjoyed enough to rate a B+. That one was Winning Jenna's Heart......

7:52 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, for the life of me I can't get into Ms. Sands writing. The story premise is actually a familiar one, but the characters themselves irritated me most particularly in their dialog. Bummer, because this was my second book by her that I bought new and didn't really care for.

7:59 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Great list, but didn't you complain the whole month that you didn't have time to read? How come you have 19 books on your list then?!? LOL. Good luck writing the grant, Rosie.

2:42 AM PDT  
Blogger Sam said...

That's a lot of books. I have a stack of books I haven't gotten to yet. Ack! I have to review two, so I better get going.
(And the worse thing is I'm looking forward to those books, but I just can't find the time!)

9:12 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, yes, I was a wanker and whiner about not getting to read. March was odd. Two of those are DNFs and then there are 5 e-books which were shorter length than regular paper backs and the categories only take me maybe 3-4 hours to read. The last 10 days of March I read 8 books I think. Just crazy. Prepare yourself for April. I've read only one book so far. :-)

Sam, your lament is how I felt most of March and then all of a sudden I was reading like crazy the last week. I'm sending you all kinds of good reading karma. I really miss it when I'm not reading.

8:07 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Woah! You read A LOT. LOL I think my final tally was 9 for the month. Ugh.

5:43 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home