A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shut up and take your medicine...

With my head a bit clearer I can see in retrospect that I really should have insisted on the antibiotics last week when I went to the doctor. I shrugged and said "okay" when she prescribed Nasonex.

Let me just say that after 24 hours of antibiotics I'm finally on the mend. I can swallow without it feeling like cut glass and my voice is making a slow return to the land of the living.

My advice to anyone who gets this fever and sore throat crap that's going around? It's not just a cold. Okay? I'm a little slow sometimes but now that I'm feeling better I can see that I was being stubborn on that issue a little bit. Get the antibiotics and feel better. Don't be dumb like I was. Or maybe it's better said I was clueless.

GG is much relieved and happy I'm staying home from work today to get some much welcome sleep. So did I miss anything? The last week is sort of a blur.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

Hey Rosie :D

I'm with GG, glad you're staying home to recover :D hope you'll feel better :D

and you didn't miss much, really.

9:59 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, I feel like I've been in a cave somewhere in the dark. I haven't read anything for almost a week. Maybe after my nap I'll read some this afternoon.

10:16 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you're on the men!

10:41 AM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Glad you're starting to come out of it!! And did you miss the ongoing debate at DA with cyber stalker Deborah MacGillvery? You'll need lots of time for that one!

6:26 AM PDT  
Blogger lisabea said...

Rosie~I've got some weird thing.Tight chest. Heh. No really. I went on a bike ride with my Little Girl and::puffgasp:: came home and collapsed.

Perhaps I'm just wicked out of shape?

Glad you're feeling better!Are you following the Greek thing? Oh. The pressure!

2:25 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kristie, I've sorta got a grasp on the Deborah Macgillvary thing *eye roll* I'm speechless at people's ruthlessness and single mindedness sometimes. I can't say more without starting a rant.

lisabea are you talking about people writing chapters for a made up book title thing-y? Crikeys I have enough pressure just writing a once a month column for Readers Gab, ain't no way I could do that. But, my pretty, YOU can or so I've heard. I haven't read any of it. Is there a link or central location for it to be read?

5:16 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

I so hate being sick. Ugh. Hope you're feeling better soon, Rosie. I recommend good rest and watching Pride & Prejudice. ;)

9:07 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home