A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Aloha!



GG and I at graduation with Beanie. We sent our pic to Shmoo and he sent us his. We shared a moment. Alas, his photo from his phone is too small to share.






Whew! He's graduated... Beanie looking on.
Side note: Beanie always wears some sort of ball cap. There's never an occasion that doesn't require a hat. He looks like he just came in from plowing the back 40. He's cute. I love him. But, the hat? *sigh*







Everyone who attended the party got their pictures taken.* Wish I could share more but I didn't get releases signed, permissons granted, etc. etc. etc. Although my nearest and dearest KNOW I have a blog, so doesn't that imply everything's game if they don't say "off the record" first? Heh heh. GG looks pained. I don't know why, I'm the one who got groped. Note the lovely garage cabinets in the background. We had a tropical back drop on the other wall. Could we take pictures there? Oh nooooooo.... it might block the path to the beer. Aargh!! I lost that argument before it even got started.

Shmoo's car got egged and saran wrapped last night. He thinks it's the ex-girlfriend. He's plotting revenge. I'm praying and lecturing while setting up a bail bond account. Yeah, everything's back to normal.

*
No humans were harmed OR intoxicated in the taking of these photos. Fun was had by all.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on surviving the preparation for, actual graduation, and aftermath! A job well done. I'm glad all went well and that you had fun to top it all off.

Luann

3:25 PM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

So does this mean you can go back to having a life? I say lock yourself in your bedroom with about 12 books and read non-stop for two days :)

4:25 PM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Yay! Congrats!!

Our grad is done as well, and I totally sympathize about the hat. Jeff never goes anywhere without one, either.

7:59 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Luann, thanks. High school is behind us. Now we gotta get them through college. ;-)

Wendy, I only wish I could do that. Sadly, I must work to pay for said books and graduation parties. However, I do get my life back...so there is that.

Lori, I know I worked hard on Beanie's graduation and scrapbook too, but I don't remember it being so much work. Maybe it's like labor. You forget the bad part or you'd never do it again. Anyway, it was fun. He's happy so it's all good.

8:21 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Woohoo!! Looks like you guys had a great time.

As to hats, my brother is 33 and still wears a ball cap everywhere. Now he does have psorisis on his scalp so I wonder if it's a coping mechanism for him. My father never wore hats so where Billy got it from I just can't say.

So, Schmoo's ex-girlfriend can't get over herself? Is he sure it's not a prank from a bunch of school friends? People think weird things are funny but eggs are impossible to clean off!

Yay for having a good portion of your life back ;)

CindyS

3:10 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Yay!!! It's over!!! LOL :) sounds like you had an awesome time and all the hard work paid off :P LOL, did you finish the scrapbook in time?

Can't wait to have you back for us! :D

6:05 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, of course he doesn't know "for sure" who did it which, aside from getting into trouble, is one of the reasons I don't want him to retaliate. He was a lot calmer about it last night when we took GG out for dinner for Father's Day. Hopefully he'll let it die.

I mentioned the same thing to him about it being funny. He thinks that if someone meant it to be a joke they'd have called him to crow about it.

6:44 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, yes I got the scrapbook done in time. It was a close thing. I ended up pulling a two day marathon and not sleeping. Nobody said I was smart.

I did an additional project with Shmoo. I secretly wrote to all our family, friends, advisors and requested they write him a letter of advice, funny stories, etc. He got about 20 responses and I put those in a separate book. That project took a couple of days to complete and took away from scrapbooking. Plus I finished the heritage scrapbooks (like the ones I did for my siblings) for each of my boys.

So the past month has been killer with work, scrapbooking and trying to keep up with my online life.

Most thankfully the office is now free of all scrapbooking material and cleared of clutter. I already told GG there will be NO projects the rest of the summer. Reading, swimming, walking, blogging, RWA...

Ahhhhhhh...bliss!

6:44 AM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

What great pictures and my you have fine looking sons. It sounds like it was all worth it.

8:03 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kristie, yeah, once the pain is over it's always worth it. That's what you have to hold on to when you are in the middle and want to throw in the towel.

6:59 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home