A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

F R I E N D S




Look!

See?

This lovely thing came in the mail.

What am I doing with it when it doesn't release until August?

My favorite librarian, SL Wendy, sent it to me. Seems Dorchester was giving ARCs of WILD ROAD away at BEA. Knowing my love for MML Wendy snagged one for me. What a friend. A pal. A fellow lover of the written word.


How or why she found the time on Saturday to mail it to me, I'll never know, but I got it on Monday. You gotta love a friend like that.

I bow to you SL and thanks so much for the wonderful surprise and the quick delivery.

Gargoyles people! Gargoyles!!!

This was too exciting not to post. May list will be up tomorrow.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Well Saturday L.A. traffic isn't nearly as bad as Friday L.A. traffic - so I was able to make a post office run in the morning and use their handy, self-postage machine. Plus I had to get all of those books off my dining room table. Seriously, I picked up a lot of goodies for a lot of people.

Isn't it funny how after a while you just "learn" what other bloggers' reading tastes are? I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning, but I can remember you love Marjorie Liu's books......

9:09 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

I think that Wendy loves you a lot... and you're extremely lucky!!! although I have to confess, I still haven't read the last book in the series :P

4:47 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, however you did it, it's amazing and I'm very grateful. Yeah, it IS weird that I can't remember whether or not my glasses are on my face or not but know what my blogger buddies like to read. Of course, you are particularly savant when it comes to that stuff.

Nath, I was particularly looking forward to this one because it's a continuation of the gargoyles who were in her anthology. I thought the story was so original. I'm pretty excited to have this one. Now, to just carve out the time to read it!

6:23 AM PDT  
Blogger little alys said...

I love and hate you right now. Love and hate. You're so right that the anthology was very original. And hot.

Can you feel the waves of envy? Oh the waves. ;)

9:02 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Alys normally I'd have devoured the book the first night because I'm really anxious to read it. Unfortunately I've only read about 30 pages. It's killing me I tell you! Hopefully I'll get some reading time this weekend.

9:13 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home