A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Books and Sonic

So we were coming home from a shopping trip two weeks ago and I glance across from our freeway exit only to have my eyes bug out of my head. I do my famous Linda Blair impression and squeal out, "We have a Sonic?!"

After flinching from the shriek GG glances over and nods, "I guess so".
My hunny bunny is a commuter. Technically since it takes me 30 minutes most mornings to get to work, I am too. However, since my commute is half the distance, in the opposite direction, and is through town, I don't get on the freeway.

In other words for the last several months as the very large SONIC was constructed, my beloved who drove by it 5 days a week for about three months, did not mention a very large new eating establishment going up smack in the middle of our 'restaurant row'.

It's not that I'm a huge Sonic fan. I haven't even been to a Sonic in years. However, I can't believe a huge new building and development went up and he drove by it almost every day without mentioning it. Even once. I'm just sayin'...

Anyway said new Sonic opened today. Shmoo wanted to eat there.
Yeah, had we waited in the car line we might expect to get in long about Christmas. We decided to skip it and went to In-n-Out Burger instead. Yeah, so not on the diet plan. I even ate some french fries. Not many, but still.

In other news...

I got all the books I was looking for today. Well except for the Linda Howard which apparently didn't release today. I don't think. I scoured that store and couldn't find it anywhere. The line at Customer Service was too long for me to wait in since the line to check out was very long also. After a long day at work I couldn't bear dealing with both of those lines.

Besides I was still on a high having found SAM'S CREED by Sarah McCarty. Yippee skippy doo-dah day! Can't wait to read that one.

Here's the other books I bought.




Pretty cool, huh? Anybody else have a happy book buying day?

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SONIC CHERRY LIMEADE!!!!! Best summer drink EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:30 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, love GG's respond: I guess so. So typical male ^_^;

Lucky you! Man, this is a bummer, seems I'm the only one who didn't get what I wanted :(

and LOL, don't worry too much about what you're eating. You haven't seen me, lately ^_^;

4:39 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm pretty sure the Linda Howard releases on July 1 - so another week to go.

Sigh, since Sam's Creed is out now, I guess that means I should probably pull the first book out of my TBR huh?

10:08 AM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

We're SO going there for lunch!

When did you need to have that card for your God-daughter? I can't do it this week, but if you were to get the pictures and scrapbook papers together, you could just come over one evening and I could help you assemble it. We're in the phone book if that would work for ya.

10:42 AM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

OMG! You could have gone to Sonic but went to I&O instead?? What's wrong w/ you?? LOL J/K

Although I do have to go w/ Gabriella on this one...CHERRY LIMEADE!!!

I'm on a book buying freeze until July. But you've tempted me....

11:26 AM PDT  
Blogger Jennifer Macaire said...

What is a Sonic????

I'm intrigued, lol.

Book reading - I'm reading a book I just got called "Bordeaux Housewives", but I don't really like it much. It's in third person omniscent (sp?) and I just can't relate to the characters. Oh well. I hope I have better luck next time I go book hunting!
Sam

11:50 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

We just got a new Sonic, too! The lines are insane! It's a Sonic, for cryin' out loud! Such a novelty.

Besides, In-N-Out Burger is waaaaay better.

12:51 PM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Still no Sonic out here.

But I have read Sam's Creed, and really liked it. I also read her contemp, and although I liked it, I had a huge problem with part of it, which now that I think on it, I think I'll post a review on...

I need to get the new Heath!

10:06 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Jenster--I&O is better than Sonic and they have a good corporate mentality, not too much greed.

2:04 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Gabrielle, Must try cherry limeade. Of course, maybe the lines will be bearable around September.

Nath, love having the books. Of course haven't had time to crack even one of them open. THAT'S how I know it's summer!

SL, do you find you have a "list" of books you'd like to have read before RWA?

Becky, my goddaughter's bridal shower is in September. So, yeah, you might be getting a call.

Holly, there were cars down the street...we were like number 10 to even get in the parking lot to drive around to look for a place to park. It was insane. It's not going anywhere... I don't think.

Jennifer/Sam, Click on the red 'Sonic' in my post. It's a link to their website. It's basically an old-fashinoned drive-in type fast food place.

Jenster, are your kids crazy to go to Sonic? Shmoo is determined. He says he's going to try for lunch. Hey, it's summer, he's got time on his hands. I gotta work.

Lori, contemp? Did I miss something? My brain is fried. I haven't cracked Sam's book yet. Too busy. Summer goes by so dang fast!

Gabrielle, spoken like a true connoisseur. ;-)

7:33 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh yeah - I have a list, and I'm such a slacker! I really wanted to read the RITA finalists I've got in my TBR - and instead I've been requesting library books, reading HHs, and going on a mystery/suspense jag.

The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.....

8:29 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home