A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Final Tally and Resisting Temptation

At 11:57 PM last night I had 64 posts to go. I skipped a couple of Megan Hart's video blogs, skimmed a few reviews, especially repeats, but I'm getting there. Next I'm getting my book lists and book shelves organized. I want to be in good shape, literally and figuratively, before I go to RWA.

It wasn't all blog reading all the time either. I did do some laundry and watch a movie with GG. Oh, and there was the divine chicken marsala and a bit of reading Julia Quinn's latest release, THE LOST DUKE OF WYNDHAM.

I saw alot of reviews for LOVER ENSHRINED by JR Ward. I'm reading between the lines but it looks like a 'meh' read for most people. Secondary characters seemed to have saved the day. I did enjoy reading Ms. Ward's account about selling the BDB series and her broken HVAC that she shared on Dear Author. However, after having a furious rant about LOVER UNBOUND last year I've had no trouble resisting purchasing LOVER ENSHRINED. Hopefully it stays that way.

It's also a first for me not to buy the latest Plum book. The 14th Stephanie Plum book by Janet Evanovich released this past week and I didn't buy it. *takes deep breath* I saw it at both Barnes & Noble and Super Target. I conquered my knee jerk Pavlovian response and passed it by. For now. Hopefully a weak moment and curiousity don't get the best of me.

Good thing this week has some good books out, with Linda Howard's book DEATH ANGEL, Marjorie M. Liu's IRON HUNT and I'm also looking forward to Lorraine Heath's IN BED WITH THE DEVIL. Word has it we can order SAM'S CREED by Sarah McCarty too. It's due out in a week so I don't know whether to order or wait. I'm really looking forward to that one.

Bring on the week. I'm ready!

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

so how do you like the new Quinn so far? Isn't it great?!? :) and LOL, you did good not buying the new Plum or BDB book :)

4:50 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, I did enjoy the new Quinn. I especially appreciated her not relying on cliches in the story. Also no dithering on Grace and Jack's part about how they felt for one another. It was more realistic that their class was the biggest stumbling block. Also that Thomas turned out to be a decent sort and not trying to steal or cheat the dukedom from Jack. Yep, no cliches.

7:00 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

I saw Sam's Creed on the shelf last week already. Not to brag, since I didn't buy it. I'm just saying. LOL

8:35 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

I've heard that Sam's already on the shelves. You might be able to go snag him up instead of the Stephanie Plum :-)

The new JQ is great ~ I loved it. It's going to be a long wait until her next Wyndham book is released in October.

10:25 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ames, since I was in "resting" mode this past weekend I didn't get out to the bookstore. BUT, I plan on stopping by tomorrow because of all the new releases, maybe I'll get lucky and get Sam???

Dev, my Barnes & Noble, as anyone who has heard me complain repeatedly about, takes forever to shelve new releases. I'm not holding my breath that Sam's book will be out, just hoping. Fortunately I'm planning a trip to my fave Borders this Saturday. I know they'll have it.

I liked the JQ too. See above remarks to Nath. I think she (JQ) did an awesome job avoiding the obvious cliches and for that alone the book was a good read.

9:47 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home