A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Life Goes On


Between the deadline for TBR Day and the assorted projects due at work yesterday I'm in a state of bliss. It feels great to get things done and behind you.

Today is another big day for me but for a completely different reason. We are doing our final weigh in for the Weight Loss Challenge at work. It's been 12 weeks and I've lost 19 pounds. This means that since last summer, when I started swimming, I've lost 31 pounds. I can hardly believe it. I'm pretty darn happy about that.

Let's take a moment and bask in that bit of great news and celebrate shall we?





I'm slightly disappointed I didn't reach my personal goal of 20 pounds with the Challenge at work, but fat gone is fat gone. Right? Of course this means I now need to go shopping for some clothes which is also a mixed blessing. I seriously have no clue what size I am. It's been more than 5 years since my weight has been this low. Not only am I older, so you know stuff has moved around, but I've been exercising, so you know stuff has moved around. It's a bit surreal.

I think I'll hold off with the clothes shopping for a few weeks to see if I lose any more weight before RWA. One can hope, or swim, or walk, or in other words sweat and pant.

So life goes on. There's scrapbooks and book reviews still waiting to be done. But for today, I think I'll bask a little.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

That is so awesome Rosie!! And you look great! If you really want to feel your weight loss, next time you're at the market, pick up a 20 lb bag of dog food (ok, well, 19 for the challenge, but 20 is close enough!) and carry it around the grocery store, cause that's what you were carrying around with you when you started the challlenge.

And id there a 30 lb bag? I know! Throw a 10 lb bag of potatoes on top of it! That's a lot of weight to have lugged around. You should be so proud of yourself!

7:58 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Good stuff Rosie!! That's great. :P

8:10 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

congrats Rosie!! That is awesome! and you were soooo close to your goal, so don't worry even if you dind't make it :D

8:10 AM PDT  
Blogger Mollie said...

Wow, congrats Rosie that's amazing!!!!!!

8:36 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lori, those sorts of visuals are very powerful. Yeah hard to believe I've lugging around that much extra! extra! isn't it?

Ames, Nath, Mollie, thanks you guys. Even though I have more to lose it's a pretty cool feeling.

6:51 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Fantastic job!! 31 lbs! That's a great achievement!

Have you changed your eating or is it exercise only?

At the moment I'm lacking in both and need to get back on it. I'm just letting my to-do list overwhelm me instead of making time to do the right stuff.

So definitely bask away - you've earned it!!

Cindys

9:12 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, when we started swimming last June, we decided to just make an effort to drink 64 ozs of water a day, and try to eat healthier. Even with the exercise I lost 12 lbs in 8 months, but it was pretty painless that way. Slow, but painless. This past 12 weeks I made a much more concerted effort to eat better.

When I've lost weight before on WW on the like I averaged about 2.5 lbs a week. That's why I thought 20 lbs was so doable. Turns out I'm now having thyroid problems and it has my metabolism a little out of whack so less weight loss than I'd hoped.

Still, I'm not complaining. I'm pretty happy with the results so far. I've still got weight to lose and the plan has always been to change our lives and be more active and healthy.

11:03 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Bask away, Rosie...that's AWESOME! Congratulations!

8:19 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Those pesky thyroids cause so many problems! I'll be taking a page out of your book and start logging my WW points again. Soon the pool will be ready and I can do some laps. It's not like doing them in an olympic size pool but it's better than what I'm doing now!

CindyS

3:17 PM PDT  
Blogger Jennifer B. said...

Congrats Rosie!!! I won my own battle with weight over these last couple of years and right now I'm over here cheering and doing a happy dance for you!

6:07 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

I didn't realize I hadn't been answering people on this post. Weird that.

Thanks for the congrats. I still have weight to lose but feel good that I'm on my way.

BTW, Cindy, my doctor has taken me off synthroid now. Go figure.

9:50 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home