A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm Saved!

Look at this!

The Rules Copyright dates are from 2007 and back. No 2008 titles. The older the title the better. You may review your books early if you like and spotlight them on the designated Wed of every month. There is an incentive as I am being generous and the rules are as follows for the $100 Amazon gift certificate: 1) you must read and review a book from your TBR pile with a copyright date of 2007 and older. 2) You must do this continuously without skipping a month until Dec 2008. 3) If more than one reader qualifies, then there will be a drawing. 4) Entering into this contest you are held up to the honor code (or whatever they call it in college), no quickie reviews of I liked it, or didn’t like it as they will be discounted (I’ve revised things a bit because I can do that).

Thank you Angela James for linking to Keishon's TBR Rules in your review today. I couldn't resist and I posted the pertinent part up above. Woo-freakin' Hoo! I can re-post my review of BEAU CRUSOE and highlight it for TBR Day. Praise be. This way the other Carla Kelly book I'm almost done with MRS. DREW PLAYS HER HAND can be used for the next month's TBR Day. You can be sure I'm going to go ahead and write the review over the weekend and have it saved for next month.

Whew! I feel so much better. It's actually pathetic how much better I feel. It's not about winning Keishon's challenge, though that would be nice, it's about meeting a goal. And, yes, though I'm squinting and panting I do believe that's the finish line I see up ahead.

The review will be up in a separate post.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristie (J) said...

LOL - I know exactly what you mean! It's that self - imposed goal thing isn't it?

3:58 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, Saved!! :D

I'm glad you're going to review Beau Crusoe again... mabye it'll push me to read it from my own TBR pile?

by the way, what was the other book you were racing to finish? just curious :P or is that going to be the next TBR challenge?

5:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kristie, TOTALLY! I was so happy AND relieved to be able to post up a review.

Nath, I read MRS. DREW PLAYS HER HAND also by Carla Kelly. I mostly chose it because it's only 222 pages I figured I could read it and do the review in the short time I had. Do you even have to ask what I'm using for my TBR review next month? I've learned my lesson! :-D

6:38 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home