A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Challenge & The Finish Line

Today Keishon's TBR Challenge book review is due. I'm still reading my tbr book. I'm sprinting for the finish line. Sprinting I tell you. Don't look at the runner and ignore the panting.

I've been asking myself and wondering why oh why didn't I just save the Carla Kelly review of BEAU CRUSOE? Why? WHY? I'll tell you why. Because I arrogantly thought I had sooooo much month left to read one or two more books from my tbr stockpile. I was on a roll. I was in a reading groove.

I think we can bank on me not making that ASSumption again.

So here I am in the wee hours of the morning suffering from a case of "I'm not going to be sleeping any time soon". I'm panting for the finish line. Dead line. Whatever. Hey, didn't I say not to look at the runner?

Since I'm up reading (or will be), I'm thinking I have a fighting chance of finishing my book, writing the review and posting it tomorrow. Not the optimum circumstances or choice you understand, but still doable.

I'm betting you have your review done, don't you... I knew it! If I called in sick for work I could get mine done too. For sure. However, that would set a terrible precedent. Terrible. Precedent. It might start a regrettable trend. I might start calling out TBR Wednesday every month for the rest of the year. I could end up unemployed. Or...check, check...1...2...1...2... Can you hear me in the back? I could embrace ree-al-it-tee. *shudder* *stumble*

In the real world, I wouldn't worry about the TBR Challenge. I'd get the sleep I desperately need to function like a normal human being, and just go to bed. Heh. Heh. Lucky me. I live in Rosie World. Here in my world we embrace things like deadlines and goals and lists. Oh, and insomnia. We embrace the sleep deprived too. Yes. That's right. It's all about give and take here at NOBODY ASKED ME...er, uh...Rosie World. It's all about you and me and the Luh-ove. We don't need no stinkin'
ree-al-it-tee.

Please, for the last time, don't look at the runner. *pant* *pant* *wheeze*

In the meantime, I'm going to click on 'Publish Post'. After that I'm probably going to read. Shortly thereafter I should finally fall asleep. One can hope.

Anyway, I've always preferred walking to any sort of running. Sprinting for crying out loud. What was I thinking? Anybody got some water? *THUD*

I warned you not to look at the runner. Now look what you did.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

That's what you get for lapping me TWICE!! I'm still reading my original TBR book. Course it's the only book I've been reading for about 2 months now.

Hush.

We don't need to talk about it. Just look away.

CindyS

2:53 AM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

LOL - I was panicking thinking I wouldn't get mine done in time too! I was looking at the day then the number of pages thinking I just wasn't going to make it! Then I looked up the DATE - this all happened LAST Tuesday night *g*. I finished the book I was reading and two more besides!
Now - having the time to write up the review and post it is the issue - though I do have the writing done up for the first book almost finished

4:27 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, considering the road rash I'm likely to have after today, no problem with looking away. Let's see 4 hours sleep and 8 hours of work to look forward to. I'm so SMART don't you think?

Kristie, I did the same thing with the dates and was relieved we still had another week. So tell me, why wasn't I more disciplined this weekend and when I had the chance to read I snatched up the new Kresley Cole instead of a tbr book? Because I'm demented that's why.

6:44 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, the trick is to read your TBR challenge at the end of the month... so you have three weeks to read another one... and if you don't, well you have one in reserve :P At least, it's what I've been doing and who cares if I really read it in April instead of May. As long as it's between the two TBR Day date, I consider if fair game :D

by the way, what are you reading then? and LOL, this post was great :D We all live in our own world :)

8:06 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Poor Rosie. You'll get it done! You can cross that finish line. :P

8:07 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - fingers crossed for you! I ended up writing my review at work yesterday... under the pretence of preparing a report.

11:57 AM PDT  
Blogger Christine said...

Forget water! You need a can of Jolt or something!

*tosses Jolt to Rosie as she runs by* ;)

There is something HUGELY comforting reading this post. It is so like me to be doing the same thing! LOL

I love nath's TBR plan... but I'm such the procrastinator so I'm not optimistic. But should at least try it next month... especially since the next TBR day is the second to last day of school for my kidlets and you know what a crazy time that is! @.@

Give me an R! Give me an O! Give me an S I E!!! ;)

6:33 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, I'm not so much subscribing to reading the book IN the tbr month as long as it's, you know, a legit book from the tbr. I'm just mad because I'd read the Carla Kelly book and posted it and I could have saved it for the May tbr. I'm so d-u-m-b sometimes.

Ames, you are so nice to believe in me. It's 8:30 p.m. I haven't started the review. I'm procrastinating. Looooong day at work and I'm pretty fried, but...you all are so encouraging so I'm gonna try anyway.

Li, it was insane at work this week. I only wish I'd been at my desk and computer long enough the last two days to pull that off. Alas, too much work to do to even go there.

Christine, well, I had a couple of books read. I did the Carla Kelly AFTER the last tbr day so it was fair game. I just planned poorly and got too busy. Lesson learned. I think. Maybe. Right? BTW, thanks for the JOLT. I really needed that.

8:36 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home