A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Fall down...go boom...

In an effort to have a quiet day on Sunday to pack and organize, GG and I went to Costco last night to get the last of the stuff we need for Beanie's move out.

We had our list. We bought everything on our list. We unloaded and we checked out. As we left I walked ahead while GG finished with the checker. About three or four steps out I began an Olympic worthy slip and slide show. I deserve at least a silver medal for my performance. I almost recovered twice. Alas, I didn't 'stick' my landing. I fell. Fell down. Fell down and managed to bruise every joint on my body south of the equator.

Now I've never claimed to be grace personified. Not even close. However, my tumble to the shiny concrete floor at Costco was NOT due to a lack of grace. I swear! Nope, apparently someone let their kid (okay, I guess it could have been an adult) toss bits of HOT DOG on the floor. I owe my stellar performance to hot dog grease and bits of wienie. Now that's a visual for you, isn't it?

The staff at Costco were both appalled and solicitous. They took pictures of the grease and wienie bits. They were very thorough. They even offered me ice packs. I had to fill out an "incident" report. Yeah, like I'd ever sue over a bruised bum and knees. Although... No, I'm kidding. Wait... No, I'm kidding. I think.

I guess it mostly depends on whether or not my left pinky toe continues to turn black. Who wants to go around with a black toe? Gross! And it's summer time and I'm going to RWA...

That's it. I have to think this over carefully. A black toe is no small thing. And the decisions I now have to make about shoes and nail polish. What color nail polish DO you wear with a black toe?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Awww man! That sucks. I'm so sorry :(

I hear blue toe nail poklish goes great - that way you're all black & blue *g*

I just hope you aren't uncomfortable next week, that's all!

1:39 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lori, I know you went to a concert, but what are we doing up at this hour? Don't you have to work in a few hours? I do. I'm going to so regret being awake.

My little toe isn't as bad as I thought. The bruising seems to be more on the top of the foot. But I'm achy all over already. *sigh*

1:58 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Awwww, that's awful!!! I hope you'll be okay for the trip!! When are you leaving for SF by the way?

I say wear flip flops or open toes sandals so your little toe is not all squished. Also, if you find no good color for nail polish, just wrap it up :P

4:49 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, I'll be fine for the trip. I'm moving like an old woman this morning and the bruises are showing up now, but it's just a fall, you know like when you wore skates as a kid and fell on the side walk?

6:48 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

So the fact that parents let their kids run loose unsupervised isn't just a Montana thing? It's amazing to me.

Hope the toe heals soon. Wear sandals ~ they're not as painful and don't pinch your toes.

8:03 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so empathize with you. I pray that you heal quickly and with minimal pain. I recommend ice packs for the swelling and naproxen (as in Aleve) for pain and inflamation. You might want to rent or buy a cane for RWA, just in case you need the extra balance for walking and standing in line.
Take care,
Kay

8:50 AM PDT  
Blogger Nikki said...

Oh no, Rosie!! I hope you feel better soon. See you next week at RWA!

1:16 PM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

Jeez, poor girl. Wow, imagine a kid (and or adult) walking around unsupervised w/ a hotdog. Appalling.

I say sue. If some old woman can sue Micky Dee's because she didn't know her coffee was hot, you can totally do it, too.

And I say green polish. That would be smexy. :P

1:39 PM PDT  
Blogger sula said...

oooh, ouch! I hope that you are feeling ok. Looking forward to SF. Guess you'll just have to drink more fun drinks to numb the pain. heh. ;)

8:44 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home