A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Spit & Shine & Packing

I'm really not doing anything that much "more" to go to RWA. Sure, I bought some new clothes, but that was because I lost 30 lbs and wanted my pants to stay up while I walked. A couple of tops and new jammies and SHA-ZAAAAAM! I'm ready to go.

Well, except for a purse. I still haven't found one I really like particularly if we exclude the $500 number I saw in Macy's. Loved that one. However, $500 for a purse? So not my world. This isn't exactly the one I looked at, but very similar...





Anywhoodle, what I can't figure out is why I seem to have a ga-gillion (which is way more than a gazillion btw) chores to do all of a sudden? Wha' tha'?

Maybe it's because this is Beanie's last weekend home. He will actually be moving out while I'm at RWA. We have some last minute shopping to do with him.

Maybe it's because Shmoo has a muster this weekend in which he is competing on both of the 'A' teams. Yeah, that one's on Saturday and an ALL day thing with a party in the evening. I don't need to do a mani-pedi and get my hair done before RWA, do I?

Or, you know maybe it's because GG is a slave driver and doesn't want to miss (that means me too) any swim workouts this week either.

Emily is my only friend. All she wants me to do is sit on the couch while I read or watch TV while she lays with her head in my lap. You see where I'm going right? Apparently only another chick knows what I really need.

Did I ever mention how much I love my doggie?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mollie said...

HAHAHA what a sweet looking dog. THOSE EARS are KILLIN' ME!!! LOL. What a cutie-patootie!

7:30 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

She is such a cutie!!! So, are you going to be an empty nester after next week? Am I reading that right???

Congrats on losing 30 pounds. Good for you! That's awesome.

8:43 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Yay for losing 30 lbs!!

I'm not longer jealous after reading what your weekend will be like. Way too busy for me.

cindys

6:05 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Mollie, I never really thought of myself as a 'pet person' even though we've had a dog before. I loved Sackett, I did, but this little girl, she's just the sweetest, most lovable dog ever!

Dev, of course I'm partial, but I think she's cute too! And no, Beanie is moving out, he's starting his junior year in college and is 21. Shmoo, my 18 year old is still at home. He'll be going to our local community college taking fire tech classes so he can be a fire fighter.

Oh and thanks on the 30 lbs. I'd like to lose 25 to 30 more, but am happy maintaining for the time being before the next big push.

Cindy, thanks on the congrats for losing weight. I decided last year I wanted to lose weight before RWA this year. I started swimming a month before last year's RWA and here I am a year later still at it.

Maybe I'll reach my goal by losing another 25-30 lbs by next RWA?

As for my weekend, it seems par for the course these days. It's keeping me young. Right?????

9:47 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home