A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Let me say THIS about THAT...

Oh joy! Oh rapture. I've been reading people. READING!

While there's nothing particularly groundbreaking about IN BED WITH THE DEVIL by Lorraine Heath it hit the spot and was an enjoyable read for me over the weekend. It was a bit over the top having characters with names from Dickens' OLIVER TWIST. Personally I found this device a distraction. I never really got the point to it. Even so, I still found this an enjoyable Victorian historical.

However, I then read DANGEROUS SECRETS by Lisa Marie Rice. This is a very good hot summer scorcher. Although you might squirm like a worm on a hook if you try to read it at the beach. There's a small town librarian named...wait for it...Charity Prewitt. Charity is smart, kind, caring and stifled by her small town life but committed to taking care of her elderly aunt and uncle.

Nick Ames is an operative assigned to Charity to find out what she knows about a Russian mob boss hiding out in said small town because of Charity's likeness to a former lover.

Once again nothing ground breaking, but a fun, hot and sexy escape in the sizzling summer heat. I enjoyed it so much I think I'll recommend it to GG to read.

I've just cracked open the new Linda Howard book, DEATH ANGEL. I'm about 100 pages in. As many reviews have already noted it's a bit different. Whether or not it will pay off for me yet, I don't know. The title of the book had little impact on me before I started reading it, now it's taken on all sorts of sinister thoughts. More on that later I'm sure.

What I'm trying to do is stay away from the bookstore the next couple of weeks and catch up a bit on my reading and writing. One can only live and hope.

It's been a while since I did a reading check. What are you reading right now?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading Accidentally Dead by Dakota Cassidy

7:59 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

I'm reading The Texan's Dream by Jodi Thomas and just finished Twisted Creek by Jodi as well. I've got In Bed with the Devil in my stacks and hopefully will get to it soon.

8:22 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

I'm reading the Olivia Parker book right now... the bride hunt ball... something like that :P it's pretty good so far :D

I read In Bed with the Devil and you're right... while not original or anything, it was an enjoyable read :D I never read Oliver Twist, so it didn't bother me that much :)

9:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

Ooh ~ I've got Bride Hunt Ball in my stacks, too! I should dig it out and bring it with me. You know, another option of things to read :-)

9:22 AM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Hanging head in shame... I know just yesterday I said I wasn't picking up any new books until RWA, but.... so I picked up Damien and Jillian Hunter's new Boscastle book, Wicked as Sin today.

*sigh* It's a sickness, I tell you. It really is.

10:16 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Hey Rosie!! Glad you're reading again. :P

I had completely forgotten about Lisa Marie Rice's latest release. Mind you, I didn't read her one from last year yet either. But yeah, I'll dig it out from the depths and put it in view so I'll know to read it after I'm done reading Black Sheep by Georgette Heyer. :P

11:47 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

IRW, I haven't read one of Dakota's releases in over a year. How is it?

Dev, I saw your review of the first Jodi Thomas book. You know I love westerns. I've jotted her name down for my next trip to the UBS.

Nathie, Olivia Parker? Hmmmm... I'm not familiar with that name. How's the book?

Lori, I didn't make it to the bookstore this week. Shocking I know. I want to pick up Nora Roberts new book. I so liked HIGH NOON last year I have to go give it a look-see.

Ames, the LMR was pretty steamy and between it and the Linda Howard book I've been brooding over them both. Steamy AND food for thought.

10:31 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home